• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

where to plug in a/c recharge kit?

if that is your question please do not, again do not recharge the system yourself ... it isn't that simple :nonono:

search as I am tired of typing this answer, I just made this post again last week in the troubleshooting forum ...

I've done it in my old blazer, and in my parents 03 cherokee, I know there are two ports and you need to find the low one, just don't know where it is.

I've done it in my old blazer, and in my parents 03 cherokee, I know there are two ports and you need to find the low one, just don't know where it is.

ok that is alittle different, are you aware of the pressures that you need on both sides? if not and you don't have the proper gauges don't bother doing it yourself ...

you should not use the wal-mart/autozone kit to refill the system as you can not monitor the high and low side pressures ...

but if you are going to do it anyway the low pressure port is infront of the battery ...

anyone have a link to a reference chart for the high side and low side pressures at given ambient temps?

I've got manifold gauges and a big as can of 134.

if the chart specifies pressure in inches of mercury as opposed to bar that would be swell!

thanks!

Back