• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Scenic views from your hometown area

pics1.jpg
pics2.jpg
pics3.jpg
pics4.jpg
pics5.jpg
pics6.jpg
pics17.jpg
pics8.jpg
pics9.jpg

You guys are making me jealous. I live in NW Ohio, there is nothing to look at :laugh:

man o man do i miss michigan... i am definitly goiing back- California is weird place... and to dry!~

Go watch Friday the 13th.
Thats all filmed in my town. Actually my shop is about 20 feet off camera in one of the opening scenes. The camp is about 2 miles from my house.

Interesting. I lived in Blairstown for a very long time. Blair lake, Main Street ... I remember it well. If you don't mind me asking, which is your shop?

Dave

Really?!?
Never thought i'd see someone on here from blairstown.
My shop is where the old body shop was, on water street, right across from the blair falls.
I grew up on high street, and am now right next door is hardwick.

These are all I have handy at the moment.

Recent pic from my calendar submissions. You can see Canada in the distance.
photography5.JPG

Downstate NY
Photography1.jpg

Downstate NY, Again.
Photography2.JPG

Doing some light kayaking with friends
Photography3.JPG

More..
Photography4.JPG

Dow
IMAG0007.jpg

Downtown Midland Michigan
FrontSmall.jpg

Not very Scenic, but kind of classy... Parked next to an old general store... I just like this picture a lot (BTW, there is no photoshoping here, all done right from the camera)
IMAG0004Smaller.jpg

Last edited:
i dont have any good pics of my area, just places ive gone too. :shrug:

ET and Poltergheist were filmed just down the street from where i recently lived and Baywatch has some of the best scenary shots you can get from around here. although there are some good nature spots in the mountains.. i did black and white photos there in college for photo class but dont feel like scanning just to show you guys :rolleyes: :p

holy crap! how did you take the lightning pics?

I wish I'd gotten the camera out earlier, this was after it had died down a bit but at points earlier that night there were bolts so widespread everything was lit up like daylight, at that point I was too concerned with getting the hell out of the open to take pictures. The same night we got 3" of hail and there were a few local tornados.

Well, a couple from my area... I'm a big fan of sunsets, and we get a lot of nice ones here.
DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

Then another shot of the Mackinaw bridge, about 2 hours north of me, last i knew it was one of the longest suspension bridges in the world, at 5 miles long. (Crappy pic, taken with a point and shoot film camera from a helicopter)
FH000020.jpg

Then to keep it car related (if nec.) a couple with my car in them...
FH000001.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

Back