• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Crank Pulley Help!!!!

SableSal

New CEG'er
Well, I'm installing the crank UDP. I can't seem to get this crank pulley off. It's on a 3L Duratec. I've PB Blasted it, and am using a impact on it.

Couple of questions for you guys, I am suppose to turn clock-wise in order to loosen, right? That's what the bolt head states.

Also, the starter pump solution seems to not work, since the crank turns clock-wise. If I were to jam it, it would TIGHTEN rather then LOOSEN??

Am I correct? Please lemme know

Thanks,

Sal

Have you tried going counter clockwise? If I remember correctly it is a standard right hand thread (marking of R on bolt head), meaning you would turn it to the left to remove it.

counter clockwise to loosen it? Well it states on the bolt head to turn it clockwise, to loosen. It's just taking a whole lot to do that.

Sal

Remove the bolt (like any bolt). And use the puller like shown in above link. Be careful if the puller bolts are a bit long they can go into the timing cover.

So, correct me if I'm wrong. But the pulley is removed as a whole? In other words, I remove the entire bracket and it all slides out??

Sal

Ok, so I got it off now... I'm installing the Unorthodox pulley. How to I seperate the crank pulley off it's assembly bracket?

Sal

Back