• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Vroom, Vroom!

its an SVT exhaust acording to the title of the clip.

not bad kerry. hopefully ill get a video clip of mine up tomorrow.:laugh:

well I know if I go to an aftermarker exhaust on my SeVT I would put the stock SVT echaust i have on my zetec ...

The only thing that is different about this exhaust and a stock SVT exhaust is that the res(or I learned it is actually the muffler) that sits below the passenger cabin has been replaced w/ a straight pipe, and thats it. The shop I took it to was very knowledgeable(sp?), they knew exactly what to do after I showed them the exhaust, didn't have to say a thing, but I did anyway, just in case.

Although, I wanted a stealth approach (no visable modification/tips) there was no room to have turn down tips. Other than that I'm REALLY happy how it turned out.

sounded a little raspy... My guess is that it was still cold. I like it though, when I had my little GL tour I replaced the muffler with a fart can because the stock muffler had a giant hole in it which made it sound like old man farts. the fart can was supposed to be temperary, but I could never find an SVT exhaust within reasonable distance or price.

The fart can ended up growing on me, and a lot of people will agree.. it sounded good.

whos? kerry's or mine or both

like aliasjerk mine was just supposed to be temporary until i could get a borla muffler but ive decided i like it.

Striker, what muffler are you using? Sounds sweet! :cool:

I had other videos, like yours, but there was a lot of wind, so I might have a couple more vids up during the holiday break.

Oh, and if I get the new CTA intake, would that effect sound at all? I wouldn't think so but you never know.

Striker, what muffler are you using? Sounds sweet! :cool:

its a pre-resonator back 2.5" tubing without the res that i had custom built. total cost me about $50 including the muffler
i got the muffler off ebay for like $25. i believe its an N1 style turbo muffler but im not sure. ive had it since the summer of 05 and im not sure where the email is that i got from the seller. ill see if i can find it though.

Last edited:
Back