• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

seriously. wtf.

AliasJerk

Addicted CEG'er
me = uber pissed.

if anybody remembers my through on christmas eve about how my serpentine belt tensioner broke in half, this will look familar to you. I posted a pic in there about how someone dinged my car, well today I had some free time and decided to clean my car for the first time since christmas (I know im bad, sorry :( ) so I thorougly went around the car, power washed it, hand towel dry, quick wax. We have been have some 60 degree weather here in michigan, so I decided to take it to its full advantage.

So get over to the side with the ding, now able to look at its full glory, rather than behind a bunch of salt and dirt, and I :censored::censored::censored::censored: myself all over again. Its 10x worse than I thought it was, its dinged to hell, HALF of the fender has paint chips in it, so now I have to friggan replace a whole fender. Check this chit out, how many other people have jerk ass hit and runs happen to them this winter? got pics?

I dont know what happened, seriously, it doesnt look like anybody hit my car with another car, it doesnt look like a keymark, the only thing I can think of is a cart, and I havent parked my car in any parking lots with carts in the longest time. Someone is $^#&ing with me.

01-08-08_1653.jpg

01-08-08_1654.jpg

the big one in the middle is almost THROUGH the metal.

I'm in the same boat.. er.. car. I have a hood, passenger mirror and moonroof motor to replace, and possibly a trunk lid too. I have one fog light cracked as well now that I think about it.

Even with a great buff my car will still have two scuffs I fear won't come out. Just go to the yard man. Rip a panel off a Contour and throw it on yours.

the burgendy color is a popular color, there is a new yard I am going to hit up soon, supposedly filled to the brim with contours :D

I was chatting with my neighbor while we shoveled the other day, and I got to talking about the many blue dings I have on my white Maxima due to assigned parking at my old apartment and the girl who lived next to me. :mad:

The very next day, he accidentally bumped his door against my SVT's mirror. But he apologized :cool: and I said not to worry about it. He felt so guilty because it was just after I finished ranting about that girl lol!

I don't know if there's a mark, don't really care, but that's the most recent ding. The car's getting a repaint anyway, someday when I get a garage.

My SVT had a couple hit and runs...one VERY bad.

And new years even someone took the mirror completely off the R. Dunno if it was struck by a person or a vehicle but it was destroyed.

That sucks man. Ypsi ftl. People out at emu don't give a rats ass about there cars.

I can't tell you how many times i saw people push there door open slamming the cars next to them:blackeye: :help:

Pisses me off royally.

That sucks man. When I had my black SVT, I just got it out of the body shop from getting a new front end basically. No more than a month later, I come out of a store, and I see white on my black car. Figured it was bird crap, turns out someone left a nice scuff/slight crack for me. Then, I kid you not, 2 days later, some hit or backed into me and cracked the other side. I was so furious.:mad: I know how you feel. I paid a $500 deduct. to get it looking good again, and then 2 :censored: decide to not use their head. Got some crazy drivers out there.

My wife had someone apparently try to fit a vehicle the size of a Mack truck into a standard parking spot at a mall. There was white paint all over the rear bumper and quarter panel. The paint came off of the panel, but the bumper is scratched to hell.

Same thing happened with my GL. I had someone apparently drive THROUGH the rear wheel well. It ran a gouge across the length of the arch.

In both cases, of course there was nobody in the spot next to us by the time we got back out.

about two weeks after i bought my SVT some dingleberry clipped the rear quarter and bumper.
i even parked in an area where no one could park next to me.
it was about $1500 worth of damage

some sad stories.

And dont you guys agree with me when I say, had the people who caused the damage stuck around and admitted their mistake, or offered to make amends, it really wouldnt even matter?

after all its just a car, or just a dent, but the principle behind it is how dishonest people are. I can honestly say, and I think I made a post about it here a few years ago, when I was a bagger boy at a local grocery store, one of my jobs was to get shopping carts. One day I was simply pushing too many carts, one of them got away from me and nicked some guy's car.

I waited around till the guy showed up, told him what happened and offered to pay a deductible. The guy smiled and said "thats very nice of you to be honest about it, but its my wife's car, so I dont care."

I loled.

That really sucks to see! :blackeye:

oh yeah, you know it.

So today I walked up to my car, all proud that it was extremely shiney and clean, drove it to class parked in a really nice parking space, backed in to it. Walked to class.

walking back even from a good distance away that dent looks like hell, it ALMOST wrecked my day, my whole car looks CLEAN, and there is that sweet dent right there staring me in the face.

Jackasses.

the day before i took the svt off the road, my neighbor(parked in front of me) and i were just leaving to go to work. she's trying to be really careful to get out of her spot without hitting me. so what does she do? she thinks its in drive and backs RIGHT into me. cracked the paint real bad on my front bumper which i just had repainted before SZ07 :mad:

i was going to repaint the car eventually, but its not happening any time soon.

its funny when people are being the most careful do they overlook the biggest details.

Back