• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Carbon Fiber Hood

Damien

CEG'er
I am looking for a general idea of a price. There is one locally that I am looking into and need to make an offer that is reasonable. I am thinking 200 is fair, but don't they sell new for like 500 - 600?

IT all depends on condition.

I picked mine up for just over 200, thing is immaculate. It never saw a winter and was waxed weekly. I got lucky though.

Anyone wanna buy it?

crap man...mine's completely unused. I took it out of the box to look at it, and put it right back in. i wouldn't accept a dime under what i paid for it, which was $425.

If only I had a blue or black contour, I'd take your deal kermit.

Do you guys think a CF hood would look good on a teal contour?

carbon fiber hood

carbon fiber hood

ok so I got it for $290... I was wondering if anyone had an idea of the weight savings, and also any pros / cons to having a carbon fiber hood.

ok so I got it for $290... I was wondering if anyone had an idea of the weight savings, and also any pros / cons to having a carbon fiber hood.
Pros: Lighter weight (well, depending on how heavy the stock hood is, might not be any lighter, maybe just a couple pounds lighter, or maybe a lot lighter), sometimes looks cooler
Cons: They never fit perfect so you gotta spend some time moving fenders and hood latch to get it perfect, really needs hood pins to be safe at high speeds

the ones that buckshot used on his hood were amazing and clean looking, I forgot what they are called though..they go for like $100

Back