• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

window tint stickers

BrApple

No Life But CEG
does anyone know where you can get the stickers that show that window tint was inspected and approved?

I have been driving the SVT all over the state this weekend and just around the corner from my house there was an inforcement point tonight. well they got me for not having a front plate on the car and then asked about the tint. Luckly I was only issued a warning. But I have 20 days to correct it. Just want to get the stickers so I don't have to remove the tint.

can they dont bother anyone from out of state? ive been through a couple in ct and they have said nothing about anything on my car.

can they dont bother anyone from out of state? ive been through a couple in ct and they have said nothing about anything on my car.

that makes sense since CT cannot inforce their laws on a out of state car interms of tint, etc .....

but really, what does anyone know about CT tint laws. On one page it lists the tinit limits but says nothing about a sticker. somewhere else it mentions a sticker. the warning noted not having a sticker for it but the DMV webpage doesn't say where to get it.

Yeah, problem is the state requires the sticker to be between the film and the glass so even if you got the sticker it would screw u over royally trying to get it put on...

http://www.ct.gov/dmv/lib/dmv/regulations/099g.pdf
The state keepos the paperwork and the sticker is self-destructing so you can't just go out and "buy" one. Welcome to dealing with the dmv although u have one right around the corner so no big deal, ur just getting screwed since there is no way for you not to have to take them off(what % r they)
really your •••• out of luck, thats why i never have my windows up, ever. And also why i avoid any large group of flashing blue and red lights...

Change out the door window glass to stock stuff and after inspection put your tinted glass back in. I even got the inspection with my interior door panels still off and passed :laugh:.

This is why I never bothered to get my windows tinted on any of my cars no matter how good it looks. It attracts attention from them and it will come around to get you and cause a giant headache. everyone I know with tint winds up getting in some kind of trouble with it and most of them have pulled it off to save the headache. there are ways around it I'm sure but they will still pull you over to check the sticker and probally try and find something else.

Yeah, problem is the state requires the sticker to be between the film and the glass so even if you got the sticker it would screw u over royally trying to get it put on...

http://www.ct.gov/dmv/lib/dmv/regulations/099g.pdf
The state keepos the paperwork and the sticker is self-destructing so you can't just go out and "buy" one. Welcome to dealing with the dmv although u have one right around the corner so no big deal, ur just getting screwed since there is no way for you not to have to take them off(what % r they)
really your •••• out of luck, thats why i never have my windows up, ever. And also why i avoid any large group of flashing blue and red lights...

the tint on the car is legal in CT. its 35% on the side windows. Also I did have my front windows open. however the rear windows where closed. What got me was I didn't have the front plate on the car. After I gave an answer the cop didn't like, I said I didn't have the plate as I didn't recall on the spot if I had it in the trunk, he asked about the tint. So it was a domino effect.

As for the check point I had no idea until it was to late, That and it was like 10pm and I was out and moving around the state all day. And as for the sticker I like how when you search for window tint on the DMV webpage and you find the regulation it says nothing about the sticker, its only in the link you just posted.

Also i wasn't looking to just "buy" stickers. I was wondering where I might be able to go to get the tint inspected and get the sticker. Like when I got the other car tinted there was not mention of this. Also the DMV web page wasn't clear that they did the inspection.

Last edited:
Change out the door window glass to stock stuff and after inspection put your tinted glass back in. I even got the inspection with my interior door panels still off and passed :laugh:.

my only concern would be the rear window. but according to the rules any percent tint is allowed if there are two side view mirrors on the car.

the tint on the car is legal in CT. its 35% on the side windows.

Heres another fun fact, its 35% + Stock window tint so you actually have about a 30%-/+ which is therefore illegal. Its really stupid but what r u going to do. and don't even say that u bought the car from out of state and it was legal, they throw a •••• fit when that happens. As for the plate that sux, i keep mine in my glove box and when they ask i say a little old lady backed into me at the gas station today and knocked it off....has worked before. Lmk what happens

Heres another fun fact, its 35% + Stock window tint so you actually have about a 30%-/+ which is therefore illegal. Its really stupid but what r u going to do. and don't even say that u bought the car from out of state and it was legal, they throw a •••• fit when that happens. As for the plate that sux, i keep mine in my glove box and when they ask i say a little old lady backed into me at the gas station today and knocked it off....has worked before. Lmk what happens

well the pdf you link to, and I saw said 32% total. Like i said I had the plate in the trunk but wasn't 100% possitive. I didn't put up a fight because, well, I was breaking the law with the plate. The tint and trying to get my on exhaust was all from the plate. luckly the plate is easy to take care of. Also I had the bra on the car so it would have been alittle hard to say that the plate was knock off.

as for the car being from out of state, the tint was illegal in PA, but its legal for CT!

love how unclear different parts of the DMV website are.

http://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=799&Q=245366

here is says that DMV applies the sticker after testing. The warning I got was specific for not having the tint sticker. Gotta call dmv and find out what the deal is with testing. And it says 35% plus or minus 3%. so that should let a factory window with tint pass.

The tint and trying to get my on exhaust was all from the plate. luckly the plate is easy to take care of.

This is the exact reason why I mounted my front plate again. I kept getting pulled over for not having it and then they start to look around at the car.... tint, no inside rear view mirror, eyebrow too low, exhaust, etc..... Ever since I mounted the plate I havn't been pulled over :shrug:.

This is the exact reason why I mounted my front plate again. I kept getting pulled over for not having it and then they start to look around at the car.... tint, no inside rear view mirror, eyebrow too low, exhaust, etc..... Ever since I mounted the plate I havn't been pulled over :shrug:.

I knew this is what would happen. I have never been stopped for not having a plate or having tint. This was a check point and by the time I knew what was going on it was to late to avoid it. It was a matter of time. Yes I am thinking about just putting the plates on the cars now.

love how unclear different parts of the DMV website are.

http://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=799&Q=245366

here is says that DMV applies the sticker after testing. The warning I got was specific for not having the tint sticker. Gotta call dmv and find out what the deal is with testing. And it says 35% plus or minus 3%. so that should let a factory window with tint pass.

so reading the actual spec .... 32% light tranmittance, plus or minus 3%. so it sound slike with the factory tint and 35% tint as long as it above 29% its good to go.

So what I was told to do was to go to DMV and I would get a reciept for passing tint that I would use in the future if i was stopped and questioned about the tint.

Last edited:
so the plot thickens. I just got off the phone with DMV. I was told there are no stickers except for medial reasons. The website says medical doesn't get stickers and that everyone else does. The warning says it was for not having a sticker .......

it is so stupid wa is the same way with window tint you can have 35% to be legal i said •••• that i rock 5% all the way around i got pulled over only 1 time and he checked it and told me "your car was 2% and the only thing darker then that was construction paper" lol. i found that it is easier when i see a cop to just drive with my windows down so he cant see lol i have only been pulled over once for this back in 2003 so it seems to work very well

it is so stupid wa is the same way with window tint you can have 35% to be legal i said •••• that i rock 5% all the way around i got pulled over only 1 time and he checked it and told me "your car was 2% and the only thing darker then that was construction paper" lol. i found that it is easier when i see a cop to just drive with my windows down so he cant see lol i have only been pulled over once for this back in 2003 so it seems to work very well

well i much prefer to have things legal. I knew the risk and I was caught. now to figure out my options and go from there. the kicker is i had my front windows down already.

that makes sense since CT cannot inforce their laws on a out of state car interms of tint, etc .....

but really, what does anyone know about CT tint laws. On one page it lists the tinit limits but says nothing about a sticker. somewhere else it mentions a sticker. the warning noted not having a sticker for it but the DMV webpage doesn't say where to get it.

ive been through the check points about 10 times just this summer and i havent been bothered. mostly on hazard ave in enfield.

my windows are black and exhaust is very very loud and they dont say anything. just meet people that do inspections and have them pass it or get you stickers..

Back