• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 98 Contour SVT Black/MNB

Kfrizzle

CEG'er
The sad time has come for my baby to find a new home. I am leaving for basic training within the next few months and have decided to give her to a new owner.

It does have a salvage title due to a previous owner hitting a deer. I have no understanding of why it was considered totalled because all it did was mess up the front bumper paint and loosen it up a bit.

It is leaking antifreeze slowly but surely and I am not sure of the source of the problem..

-I swapped clusters at 68335 miles due to the fuel gauge not working. I bought a cluster from OB1 which read 164xxx when I received it. It now reads 180xxx miles. You do the math.
-It has the typical 3rd gear grind under hard shifts. And the occasional "slip/pop" out of 1st gear. It has only been doing so for about 3 months now.
-Numerous water pumps have been put into this car, which I guess is normal for this engine? I have put in 3 I believe.
-Tires are decent. I'll say 50% on the front and 40% or so on the rear. Not any super expensive performance tires. Also has new brake pads front and rear about 5,000 miles ago
-Does need rear struts! And possibly new rotors.
-Has a KKM intake on it with a new air filter about 8,000 miles ago.
-Has a fairly new belt tensioner as well as harmonic balancer. About 10,000 miles.
-CEL is on. Put a tester on it and it came up as oxygen sensors.
-Has been in Wisconsin most of it's life which means it has rust. Not much at all. Just under the rear wheel wells and the bottom of the doors which is hardly even noticable. It has seen some winters.
-Aftermarket Kenwood cd player with Kicker speakers in the front doors and Sony speakers in the rear. Will sell with the car at additional cost.
-No jack point covers.
-Windows are tinted on the driver and passenger sides in front and back. 5% on all 4. Expensive tint.
-The paint isn't in horrible condition but it definitely is not perfect. Especially on the front bumper. Does have mesh on front bumper, not the rear.
-Interior is in good condition. I have always taken great care of the inside. Leather is immaculate. Driver side floor mat has some wear.

I am looking at 1300 or best offer. This car is located in northern Wisconsin. 54821... PM or text 715-413-1140. NO CALLING

Sorry for my lack of pictures at the time. When I have a chance to get an actual camera I will take pictures of the interior and the flaws. These are just some pics I had on my phone..

311096_289011661128151_100000579596412_1112468_629643467_n..jpg
0723111442_01..jpg
0218111340_01..jpg

For the record, I could sell this car at any point I choose. I don't want to because I know it won't get taken care of whatsoever. Some punk kid wants to buy it and I really don't want him to have it. I want someone on CEG to have this car. Help me out here. It's now on Craigslist...

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back