• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Amphibious Contour spotted

hetfield

or hetfeild
I'm so doing this mod...

storm_060808_big.jpg

This pic was in the local paper this morning.

I did that a few times in several different areas in an Impala Saturday. The rain here was ridiculous. :nonono:

After looking at the pic again it looks like Good Hope road in wich case I was thru that EXACT puddle that day.

shawn did it with his black one, its on his myspace..(last i checked, which was forver ago)

Hopefully the splash guard is still properly installed. My old Contour's battery light would flicker and belt squeal if I went under a puddle of any size.

Hopefully the splash guard is still properly installed. My old Contour's battery light would flicker and belt squeal if I went under a puddle of any size.

And the FEAD belt on my car would be guaranteed to fly off with under .01% of the volume of water shown there.

x2 There's no way I could do that in my car. I'm still trying to find a splash guard:nonono:

My splash guards are properly installed, and I encountered the dreaded "loss of power steering" once on Saturday. I also had the belt squealing once too. I'm sure I had the bottom of the motor underwater several times. There was no way to get from anywhere to anywhere without driving through a puddle like that, and on top of that they closed the interstates and several dozen roads. I've never seen rain like that in my life.

i did that once in the SVT. came around a turn too fast and never saw it coming. tried to stop, but realised i'd probably have come to a stop right in the middle of it and didn't want the car to die there...so i kept on truckin.

things got a little steamy, but were alright.

Wait til I get to a rally with a water crossing. Then you'll see a contour displacing water/mud. I once hit a big mud puddle at 45 mph an missed my turn because all I could see was walls of muddy water on all sides of my car. But the last time I was at a rally with a decent amount of water was 2006. I need to compete more. Oh well.

I drove on monona Drive the other night in the rain and there was a good 6 in of water flowing accross that from the golf course, talk about a water hazard. Drove back through it to get home and thought I wasn't going to make it, once I had crossed it I get a little bit of a battery light, a slight squeal, then the power steering cut out for a second while I was turning a little ways down the road... My drivers floor got wet though, stupid gromet for the steering column..... Started drying it yesterday, ran out of time, so today i gotta take the seat out again and put the fan under her till she's dry.... It's lovely to see water coming up out of man holes instead of going down into them... thats when you know you have got a lot of rain...

Back