• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cruising/ local car spots

whos gonna put that on? You can't even do a battery relocation correctly. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

LMFAO! The chances of Rawburt installing that and it running properly to go across the state in 2 months. Slim to never.

How did I not do the battery relocate correctly? And if its not correct why didn't you say so when I posted the pic in your GB thread?

I have plenty of time to get it done before SZ, and people willing to lend a helping hand.

Sure cruise 28th if you like stop and go traffic cruising. You MIGHT get some of 3rd gear.

I think the most fun to be had would be on a couple little sections of 131 and 96. You would start in down town GR and get on 131 N, sweepting left to merge onto 96 W hit the Alpine exit, get back on the highway via 96 E and sweeping left to merge back to 131 S and return to down town GR. This is probably a 7-8 mile round trip, 3-4 lanes most of that as well. Plenty of room to get high speed (never above 70 though, laws and such), and a nice sweeping turns (2.5L beware of the right hander). Even in my mothers Windstar you can take those turns at 70ish so imagine the fun with a proper suspension setup.

*comment based on last time driving 28th, 1 yr ago. I yes, I did live in michigan for 24years.

Last edited:
Terry had a good idea to leave from the hotel up 131 to 57. Get off on 57 and stop by Rosie's Diner. Leave there and head back through Rockford and take some pics by the river.

Terry had a good idea to leave from the hotel up 131 to 57. Get off on 57 and stop by Rosie's Diner. Leave there and head back through Rockford and take some pics by the river.

Rockford ftw! I used to work in a shop right on the river there. Beautiful area!

Sure cruise 28th if you like stop and go traffic cruising. You MIGHT get some of 3rd gear.

I think the most fun to be had would be on a couple little sections of 131 and 96.

cruising doesn't involve flying around on freeways, generally. he wanted to know about cruising around local spots where there will be other cars hanging out.

Back