• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Drag night is going to be a busy one

todras

Pretty fly for a white guy *cowbell*
Looks like the Friday we will be there will be packed with things to see and do.

Street Car Nationals
This event is designed for street driven vehicles, cars and bikes. All vehicles must be titled, have a valid driver's license, proof of insurance, working head lights and tail lights, run DOT street tires and run mufflers. See schedule for dates. Entry fee for racers is $25.00.​

Midnight Madness
Knoll Gas Motorsports Park will continue this popular "street scene" competition. Including burnout contests, US Army Flag Girl, How to Race brochures, Knoll Gas Motorsports Park staff on hand to explain terms, procedures and rules. All clubs welcome. Discounted admission rates start at 9pm until 1am. Entry fee only $5.00 per person and only $5.00 to race.

So it looks like test n tune overlaps Midnight Madness. MM starts at 9pm and rund until 1am.

Just depends. We should get there when the track opens at 4pm. Fri's are busy as heck. Wish it would have the traffic of a Wed. but you know how it goes on w/e's.

Just depends. We should get there when the track opens at 4pm. Fri's are busy as heck. Wish it would have the traffic of a Wed. but you know how it goes on w/e's.

Sure do. I typically go to my local strip on Tuesday nights after work....it's a ghost town.

Yeah, its quite busy on Fridays. My brother went there on a friday and got one pass in for the night. My friend Chris who took his truck, got two iirc.

Well, it's not a ghetto track so people actually go and it's not far from G.R. or Kalamazoo. It's about 3-4 years old since the total redo. It's an official NHRA track so it's top notch.

Last edited:
Is there another track we can go to instead? Some where we can get more than one or two runs? Just wondering.

Is there another track we can go to instead? Some where we can get more than one or two runs? Just wondering.

As long as you "hot lap" your car (run it and go straight back to the lanes) getting in a decent number of runs is usually easy, especially after midnight madness starts at 9pm.

Yea but it will be like that track at SZ 06. LOL! I guess if you want an hour drive each way to the track. Here are your options.

Thunderbird - ghetto in Muskegon http://www.thunderbirdracepark.com/index.html
US131 www.us131motorsportspark.com
Stanton - far www.midmichmotorplex.com

From Grand Rapids, the drive to Mid Mich and the drive to Martin are within a few minutes time wise, but Martin is definitely the nicer/newer facility.

It's an official NHRA track so it's top notch.

actually it's an IHRA track, but that does not change that fact that it is a great facility.

Back