• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing Great Lakes Contouravan?

SoundQ SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
Who's ready for some driving?

Joe, his brother and I will be meeting on the east side of Indianapolis Thursday morning at roughly 7:30-7:45 am. Our route will take us on I 70 over to Dayton where we will go a little south on I 75 to get on US35 that we will take southeast across Ohio and into West Virginia.

We will get on I-64 at Teays Valley and take that over to I-77 in Charleston, WV. Then it will be I-77 to the appropriate exits for US460 at Princeton (to cut across to the SZ hotel in Salem) or farther south to Hillsville to go straight to VIR.

Is there anyone else who is planning on following these routes that would be interested in joining us? Understand that Joe and I must be at the track between 5 and 6 pm to get signed in and inspected so we don't have to worry about it Friday morning. All meeting points and times will be dictated by that requirement.

Plan is to leave at 11:59 pm on Wednesday night. Should put us at the meeting point 7:30-7:45 with the 1 hour time zone jump forward. We will be on the no-toll road through Chicago area around 3:30 am so no traffic to worry about for this busy holiday weekend.

Pilot Travel Center
2640 N. 600 W.
Greenfield, IN 46140

I'll be heading sorta that way. We could meet up in Chillicothe, OH. It would be around lunch time even. And then roll from there.

Chillicothe looks to be a good spot for a fuel stop and to stretch the legs. It might be a little early for lunch though. We can plan to stop on the east side of town, where US 50 meets US 35. Use the address of the speedway gas station for GPS... 1136 E Main St, Chillicothe, OH, 45601.

We could be there as early as 10:15 if all goes well, or as late as 10:45 if there are any issues. Bring a walkie talkie if you have one... We'll post here what channel we are using.

For some reason I was thinking we looped around Ohio, but now my course says the path you are saying Bob.

I guess we will see some of you turds in Ohio!

Anyone going to be at the Ohio rendezvous point? Our eta is 10 :21 a.m.

Back