• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Photo thread

jaged

Veteran CEG'er
Cross posting this for atomicinternet from neco

Facebook has clearly become the preferred photo collection site, so head to this group and link your photos if you haven't already.

Then, if you're bored, put your photos/videos here: ftp://upload:upload@cougarfest.com so I can have them in the archive on the off chance Facebook ever disappears.

If you can't connect with your browser, try FileZilla. If you connect with IE it will say "Click Page -> Open in Explorer" so do exactly that.

Make sure you put them in a folder that has your name on it so I know who to list them as.

IF YOUR FOLDER DISAPPEARS IT MEANS THE PHOTOS WERE ADDED, JUST MAKE A NEW FOLDER EACH TIME

Photos are added here: Cougarfest Archive - 2013 - Upload yours so they aren't all baby-centric.

If you're using Windows with IE make the folder with your pics and then click the FTP link and drag them to the window. Mac people I can't help as much, but here's the details for the technogeeks:

ftp://cougarfest.com
user: upload
pass: upload

There are some really nice shots in that link.

Here is a nice shot getting ready for the car show (yes I know, I'm auto-xing):
15181.aspx

And the Contour's surrounded by Cougs!
15233.aspx

Truck broke:
:(
1017670_10200643719229974_1044112873_n.jpg

1044493_10152967854755394_1175360441_n.jpg

995415_10152967852275394_342070534_n.jpg

Here are my 2 videos from the auto-x. First vid my phone was taped to the passenger headrest and the second vid was with Jaged driving and I was the passenger.

I forgot the camera was on when I yelled at the end :laugh:. (remember this is my first auto-x ever, so be nice)

Sorry for the language in this video, I was very excited! Hahahaha. Jason knocked about 2.5 seconds off my previous time in my car. It was still a couple seconds slower than his car, but I have cheapy tires and original rear sway bar bushings, endlinks, trailing arms, toe arms, control arms etc...

its not as bouncy as i thought it was going to be.

you coast way too much. youve got those big shiny brakes, use them

^ hahahaha, yeah that first run of mine (first auto-x run ever) I was coasting in a few spots, clutching in, and shifted back and fourth from 1st gear. I was MUCH better by my 3rd run even and was instructed to leave it in 2nd and keep my foot off the damn clutch pedal!

After being the passenger while having one of the instructors drive my car, I discovered that I was not using NEARLY enough brakes, and trying to rely too much on momentum, and not enough on power. Once I figured things out a little, my last run of the day was nearly 5 seconds faster than my first one!

Nice!

I also knocked a few seconds off after my first run. I kept forgetting to check the timer after my runs :mad: :nonono: :eek:.

Why are there like no pics. in here?! There should be tons!
That being said, here ya go:

Back