• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looking for a ride to ZingFest from Midway Airport, or at least from Portage.

gulfcat

CEG'er
I'm flying into Midway Airport at 1pm Thursday, July 11, and would like to avoid paying for bus & taxi (or El & bus & train & taxi...).

Anyone able to give me a ride from Midway, or a stop on Chicago's El, or Portage, IN sometime Thursday afternoon or evening?

I also need to get back to Midway airport by 3pm on Sunday, July 14. Any ride part or all the way?

Also posted on NECO.

Ah, didn't see this part on NECO. The west coast caravan is coming through there right around midday, let me check with the other guys I'm caravanning with and see if we can take a slight detour and pick you up.

I'll be heading out of Fox Lake, WI Thursday morning probably by 8-9am.

I would be at Midway probably around 12-1ish.

Thanks

Thanks

THANKS to both of you :)

It looks like the west coast caravan is already heading my way to pick up someone else, blu_fuz, and so I'll hitch a ride with them.

No problem. I'm riding solo as of right now and I literally drive right past there too, it's not out of the way.

I would think the Western caravan would come through on I-80 which would mean a decent little detour and a good bit of traffic..

Yeah, we are coming across on I-80. Google Maps actually takes us up I-88 into the Chicago area, then to Midway Airport. It doesn't look like that much of a detour, and it is at midday so hopefully the traffic won't be too bad. I'm already going a decent bit out of my way to meet with the Nebraska/Iowa guys, so a few more miles to pick up another NECO'er isn't a big deal to me anyway.

Yeah, we are coming across on I-80. Google Maps actually takes us up I-88 into the Chicago area, then to Midway Airport. It doesn't look like that much of a detour, and it is at midday so hopefully the traffic won't be too bad. I'm already going a decent bit out of my way to meet with the Nebraska/Iowa guys, so a few more miles to pick up another NECO'er isn't a big deal to me anyway.

Sounds good. FYI 88 is a toll road so have a good amount of cash.

www.getipass.com should provide you the rates.

Living in the Chicago area I would suggest that if your are coming from Iowa via I-80 you stay on I-80 and not take I-88. It is a tollway and you will pay dearly. While you may pay in extra fuel using I-80 your will save more money by not paying tolls. When you get just west of Joliet, IL I-80 will junction with I-57, take that north towards Chicago until you get into Chicago. Look for Cicero Ave exit and take it south to Midway. There will be signs telling you this but I thought I just tell you anyway. When you leave the airport head south on Cicero. It's better to head south then go back north. In a few miles you will hit I-294 which is a toll road but it can't be helped. You will have 1 toll to pay ($1.50) just before I-294 merges back into I-80, go in the cash lanes (Right lanes) to pay. Once you're on I-80 you will pass by my house just as you go under one of the oasis/gas stations that span the toll road on a bridge over the highway.

That should be take I-55 not I-57 from I-80 up to Cicero Ave. I-57 crosses I-80 a little farther east of Joliet and is not the recommended route to take.

I might keep heading on I 80 towards portage when you guys split off. My car is a rough ride as is and when i was in midway 3 years ago it was pot hole heaven. Unless someone who has been there recently can confirm that the roads are in better shape?

Back