• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Gingerman people, Thursday night, where you making your sleeps?

make sure you have everything you need with you, last time i camped there for flagging a race, gates were locked at dark, and theres not a lot real close

I think we've decided against camping. July heat in a tent, the need for a decent shower in the morning - those are some of the reasons.
The Holiday Inn code 100298087 from the Gman website does not net very appealing rates. (damn you, July!)
So we're still trying to decide whether we'll be booking Thursday night in Portage, or somewhere closer to Gman.
I kinda want to stay near K-zoo, for the SZ nostalgia and to get me some Sweetwater's donuts Friday morning. mmmm :drool:

(found a hotel in my Choice network for $51/night in Kzoo btw) That may be our winner

Last edited:
Welp, we reserved a room at an Econolodge in Kzoo. Very close to where previous SZs were held :)
So our plan is to arrive early afternoon on Thursday, rest up and then meet up with some EGL bishes for dinner 'n junk.

I'm with you on the tent!!! I should have been more clear, my idea of camping is an air conditioned trailer and I think they have showers available.

Rob

Ok, so just to summarize what people previously posted.....

Rob Walton - camping at the track - but not going now
Kim and PP - Econolodge in Kzoo
boumacj - camping at track with Rob, but Rob won't be there now
Josh - camping at track with Rob, but Rob won't be there now
Joe - at main hotel in Portage

I will probably stay at a hotel closer to the track for Thursday night.

Anyone else have input on their plans or changes to the summary?

I know I am at the portage hotel probably by 2pm Thursday with truck and trailer.

Back