• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who is planning SZ..

Such is the problem with any national meet. No matter where you put it, it's too far away for a lot of people. Another car group that I'm a member of used to hold an annual meet in Kansas City, since it's pretty central, but that alienated a lot of people from both coasts

Precisely. SZ has always been held in a Midwest region and many years we've had people come in from farther away, but I can assure you that with a southern event you can count much of the usual Midwest attendees out. I'm not trailering the track car any farther than I have to. Certainly feel free to set up a southern even. I know it was done a few years ago.

Last edited:
certainly feel free to set up a southern even. I know it was done a few years ago.

There was a big meet planned for the south with a raffle to win a SVT Contour.

Canceled due to Hurricane Katrina I believe.

If I knew my car would make it to Indiana I would be up for it, I have family up there I haven't seen in over 10 years. I'm just trying to give those of us who don't think we could go that far something to do.

Given the positive feedback both here and on NECO I feel pretty safe in saying that we will be going the route of a combined event. Spring Zing and Cougarfest will retain their individual identities but for the first time we will officially be joining together to celebrate the love of the CDW-27 platform. Planning is already underway and pretty well nailed down over on NECO, but I believe we're still looking into a possible track day at Gingerman Raceway.

This is awesome can not wait. Cuz I may be buying a cougar soon. It's a 5 hr drive for me but I'm down. I drove 4 hours last year for spring zing lite and enjoyed my little group of followers.

In talks with Mike, Dave and Luca we have all come to the agreement that our plan for 2013 will be a joint effort between NECO and CEG to host Cougarfest and Spring Zing on the same weekend with shared schedules. Details will follow as things get sorted out and finalized. Looking forward to this more than ever as I feel it's long overdue we all played together.

ok guys im new to this website but from what im getting from this thread is you guys are talking about a meet? if its in nashville im down im in clarksville tn...

ok guys im new to this website but from what im getting from this thread is you guys are talking about a meet? if its in nashville im down im in clarksville tn...

Yes.. We are talking about a National meet consisting of Contours and Mystiques. The site hosts an annual show for its members called Spring Zing. it is one of the few chances to meet fellow CEG'ers from all across the nation.

Back