• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who is planning SZ..

LUCA

Boomstick\Owner
Admin
2013? I've had requests from some people that it be in Ohio again. :)

Wherever it's going to be, we need some folks to take the lead and start a plan. Those that have planned a SZ or assisted with planning in the past are here to help.

So where is it going to be and who wants to plan it?

I'm in for getting the show-n-shine awards together wherever it ends up being..

Thank you, Joe! You always do an outstanding job and we do appreciate you taking the time to make them.

Brian, are you willing to plan this? It's a lot of work.

Brian just wanted to comment...... :rolleyes:

It is a concern as the SZ dates creep up fast so if anyone is thinking about stepping up, now is the time.

Ohio sounds good too if someone there wants to host/plan again.

Ohio sounds good to me. And no, I'm not offering to organize. I should probably attend one before I help organize.

I would personally love to organize one but am unfortunately would not be able to cuz I have a lot on my plate already as it is but Ohio would be great for me and I would be willing to HELP organize this great even wherever I am needed so if someone does wanna organize I would be willing to help.

Brian just wanted to comment...... :rolleyes:

It is a concern as the SZ dates creep up fast so if anyone is thinking about stepping up, now is the time.

Ohio sounds good too if someone there wants to host/plan again.

lol...that and I wanted to voice a location. I couldn't plan this because I'm like John I have a full plate.

Good luck. They tried to secede. Enough said! :laugh:

I vote for MN! The area around the Twin Cities has amenities that would accommodate most of the usual stuff that is done at SZ.

We keep getting shot down because they are a bunch of wimps and think there is nothing to do.

I vote Ohio again...but I am bias. lol I say around Mid Ohio....so we can run the Mid Ohio roadcourse!! Run the roadcourse and go to Norwalk to drag race at Summit Motorsports Park!! Not saying I wanna organize this...but am willing to help with what I can if its in Ohio.

Oh....and bring axles and lots of them if we go to Norwalk to drag race....its gonna be an axle snapping good time!! lol

I vote Ohio again...but I am bias. lol I say around Mid Ohio....so we can run the Mid Ohio roadcourse!! Run the roadcourse and go to Norwalk to drag race at Summit Motorsports Park!! Not saying I wanna organize this...but am willing to help with what I can if its in Ohio.

Oh....and bring axles and lots of them if we go to Norwalk to drag race....its gonna be an axle snapping good time!! lol

^ and some bottles of trans fluid :cool:

Just throwing this out there, Nashville, TN

Dyno - DBR performance, Springhill, TN
Drag Strip - Us 43 Drag strip Lawrenceburg, TN

Attractions - http://nashville.com/attractions.html

There is a bit of a drive (Maybe an hour or so) between Nashville and Springhill, Then another 45 min or so to Lawrenceburg.

If this is considered I could make a few calls, But I would probably need some help trying to figure out what a SZ should be like, as I have never had the chance to make it to one! I'm also good with ohio though!

As much as I wanna say Ohio again, Tennessee doesn't sound like a bad option. People from the south and the north can come.
BTW, its not about ease of attendance. Its about meeting up with other CEGers that you only get to see once a year.
Thats just my 2 cents.

As much as I wanna say Ohio again, Tennessee doesn't sound like a bad option. People from the south and the north can come.
BTW, its not about ease of attendance. Its about meeting up with other CEGers that you only get to see once a year.
Thats just my 2 cents.

Oh stop mike you're two cents are Invalid. :) Aren't you glad you get to see me anytime you want. I say Ohio again or TN I do not mind.

Thats just my 2 cents.

Agreed

Also David Crockett State Park is within 5-10 minutes of the drag strip, It might be a good place to get pictures.

Back