• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Thank you!!

D.Acker

Owner/LUCA’s *****
Admin
I'd like to take a moment to say thank you to a few people.

LUCA - without your help SZL may have never happened, you put a lot of time in organizing things.

Imnotacop420 - Your expertise of the area and willingness to pick up the t-shirts etc was a huge help!

Pre98, CSVT49, tourenvy - Thank you all for submitting logo designs. LUCA and I know how much time and effort went into each.

blu_fuz - Thank you for making the show and shine awards.

The fine people at the Microtel hotel - for calling police on us, even though you were like half mile away and no way in hell could you hear us when people at our hotel couldn't.

Least but certainly not last thank you to everyone who came out to enjoy the festivities, we had a great turn out and a ton of fun!

I hope I haven't missed anyone, if I did I apologize.

Got home a few minutes ago. I enjoyed seeing familiar faces again and meeting new people, had a great time! Thanks for your organization as well and getting the lanyards / care packages together.

i had one of the best times of my hole contour ownership time was a great first time for a spring zing and i dont think there is any way in the world i will ever miss another one i loved meeting everyone and putting a face to the screen names thanks luca for being so awesome and joe for letting me and my goof ball friends stay with you and svttour thanks everyone i had a blast and managed to get the worst sunburn i have had in a vary long time i have a few pictures of some cars and some things we did that will be up shortly i just cant explain how much fun i had and how great of a time it was

THANKS LUCA for changing my CEG status thats awesome i laughed for a good five minutes when killersport sent me a picture of it

and to everyone who was there i hope you all made it home safely and thanks for being so freaking awesome haha

Ditto to your post, you're welcome and I was happy to pitch in where I could.

i had one of the best times of my hole contour ownership time was a great first time for a spring zing and i dont think there is any way in the world i will ever miss another one i loved meeting everyone and putting a face to the screen names thanks luca for being so awesome and joe for letting me and my goof ball friends stay with you and svttour thanks everyone i had a blast and managed to get the worst sunburn i have had in a vary long time i have a few pictures of some cars and some things we did that will be up shortly i just cant explain how much fun i had and how great of a time it was

THANKS LUCA for changing my CEG status thats awesome i laughed for a good five minutes when killersport sent me a picture of it

and to everyone who was there i hope you all made it home safely and thanks for being so freaking awesome haha

X2 that was a very fun weekend thanks fuz and svttour for letting us stay with you it was a blast even tho i got roughly 8 hours of sleep
:laugh: thanks to all that took the time to get it all
together

Thanks everyone.
Sorry we slept through the entire car show. Breakfast burrito gave me siesta! lol

We got home at 1ish yesterday. It's difficult to return to the office today. blah

had a great time once again, good seeing the regular the crew as well as he first timers!

my only complaint.....there should have been some more contours at Nelson Ledges for me to pass :laugh:

It was nice getting a chance to meet so many great people and honest contour enthusiasts. I had a blast hanging out in the parking lot friday night, BSing about contours and drinking free polar pops. Wish i could have come out on saturday though.

Thanks everyone. Feels great to hang out with the crew. SZ is where you unwind and see old and new friends. I had a blast. Flights to and from were stress free and now im sitting at work thinking about spotted cow.

I also wanted to elaborate on my "thank you" post. SZ lite turned out to be a fantastic time. The Michigan guys it was finally nice to meet you and hang out for the weekend. 5 dudes sharing a room was interesting expecially when we had about 3 different flavors of hot gas filling the room at any given time. The smell was like having a hot bag of garbage in the Florida sun for 4 days straight :laugh:, but it was still fun.

Ohio guys/gals are a great bunch to host SZ. Laid back, easy going, and welcome everyone with open arms. No hassle - thanks for having us in your neck of the woods. Speaking of woods, Nelson Ledges is F'N awesome! If we hit SZ Ohio again, I will bring something to drive on the track.

LUCA, D.Acker, imnotacop420, design crew for SZ, and all the members that showed up - so many thank you's go out to you guys to make this happen. Even a SZ Lite is still a SZ no matter what and we made the best of it. Over 20 people, 1/2 trolls and the other 1/2 contours was still a good turnout. Next year should/will be even better SO DON'T MISS IT!

Love you guys and the family we have here on the forums. I can't wait till the next one!

im assuming you and the fuz machine made it home safe without any issue's?

My trip was about 8.5 hours long with only one stop to gas up. I wouldn't say I made it home without any issues...... It was about 91* out and running at 70-75mph my car was still running so hot the needle was licking the RED on the temp gauge. So, I had to drive over 6 hours of my trip 90*+ and HAVE MY HEAT ON to keep the needle just above the "L" :nonono:.

It really was a horrible drive home and sweating non stop for 6 hours. :eek:

But I did make it home :cool:. Car is at the shop as of last night so they can deal with it.

This is the temp with the heat ON:

0520121154.jpg

Nice meeting all you guys and seeing familiar faces... good to meet some of you for the first time... Thanks malcolm and Luca... Next time we will stay for the whole weekend and actually make everything......

I'd like to take a moment to say thank you to a few people.

LUCA - without your help SZL may have never happened, you put a lot of time in organizing things.

Imnotacop420 - Your expertise of the area and willingness to pick up the t-shirts etc was a huge help!

Pre98, CSVT49, tourenvy - Thank you all for submitting logo designs. LUCA and I know how much time and effort went into each.

blu_fuz - Thank you for making the show and shine awards.

The fine people at the Microtel hotel - for calling police on us, even though you were like half mile away and no way in hell could you hear us when people at our hotel couldn't.

Least but certainly not last thank you to everyone who came out to enjoy the festivities, we had a great turn out and a ton of fun!

I hope I haven't missed anyone, if I did I apologize.

Oh you are very welcome. Glad you made it.

oh wait, i didn't go, wooops.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was great to see everyone again! I met some new people and caught up with some people from last year. I wish we could do this type of thing more often. The amount of information and talent in one place was purely amazing. I was in and out through out the weekend and I wish I could have spent more time with you guys but I am grateful for the time I did have to catch up. As always a big thank you to everyone who organized this event and also to Malcolm for taking me out on the track

Wow! What an experience! Just wanna say thanks to everyone that made SZ possible. I had a great time.
And an extra thanks to blu-fuz and svttour for puting up with us three Michigan goofballs.
It was great to put a face to the names.
I'm deffinitely in for next year.

It was, as always, a fantastic time with fantastic people.

All of the SZL money from the raffle and the donations received has been donated back to Mark. It was sent on Monday, the 21st.

Thank you to all that donated!! To all that came out, it was nice seeing you all again and to the SZ newbs, it was nice meeting you.

Back