• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Lake Express Ticket Prices & Schedule(sign up here)

I was asking just to get some discussion going for those that will be driving through.
This is the first year that I can recall anyone worrying about Chicago traffic, which is odd because I know that there are members that drive through it every year.
I don't want anyone to be discouraged about attending just because of Chicago, so that's why I wanted to get the discussion going.

Early morning from my experience (keep in mind for MI events I have always left at approx 6am)

mid-late morning, mid afternoon, after 7pm from what I've been told are good times to get around Chicago on 294 like Mike said.

Last time I came through there was Sept (to\from EGL EOSB) and the roads weren't bad at all, however, who knows what they'll be like for sure in May.

From our experiences, as long as you're through Chicago by 3:00 PM, you're fine. When I've priced out the ferry for us, and the bad timing of the trips, it was never worth it to us. Of course, now it's on the easy side for us...

If I go to SZ this year, Ill take the ferry over there, id rather have the piece of mind with that Spec 3+ rather than being stuck or broke down in Chicago.
Anyone else planning on taking the ferry over there? I dont wanna be the only drunk with a tour on the ship.
For those that took the ferry though, it says on their site that the cars will be loaded and unloaded by them, is this true? I dont want some amateur driving my car.

• Does somebody else drive my car onboard? You drive your own vehicle onto the car deck and then head up to the passenger area. When the Lake Express arrives at its destination city, you drive your vehicle off the the ship and continue with the rest of your trip. It's that easy.

Back