• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SHO club has invited us to their evens for 2012!

SHO club has invited us to their evens for 2012!

• Total voters

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
We have been invided as a group buy our buddies in the SHO club. We pretty much all have parts from Taurus' in our cars anyway :laugh:.

I can't tell you guys how happy I am that other enthusiasts are willing to extend their pre-planned event to us. If you sign up on the shoforum.com, please be kind and make sure you thank the ones who planned the events.

We can start a tally of people here to give them an idea of how many people WILL attend, but ultimatly you will have to register to be part of the event on the SHO forum.

http://www.shoclub.com/page.php?57
Here are the registration forms with all the prices listed:
Word: http://www.shoclub.com/SHOconventions/21/Registration Form.doc
PDF: http://www.shoclub.com/SHOconventions/21/Registration Form.pdf

We could probably get t-shirts made specifically for the merging Contour group that still applies the "CEG" name to the shirts. We will have to discuss that.

SHO CONVENTION 2012 #21
MinneSHOta - St. Coud, MN
Date - July 16 to 19, 2012

* Updated on 2012-01-31 *

Host Hotel
SUNDAY - Dinner with the Mallinsons
MONDAY - Registration, Golf, Reception
TUESDAY - Car SHOw, Dinner
WEDNESDAY - Track @ BIR, Dinner
THURSDAY - Morning Event, Banquet
Registration Form: Microsoft Word (DOC) | Adobe Acrobat (PDF)
Driver Information Form: In the Works
Tech Form: In the Works

At the SHO Conventions, we don't sit around and watch the dust land on the cars; more than 70% of our convention registrants drive their car to the convention. This does lead to really interesting evenings in the parking lot as people will be out cleaning, detailing, repairing or swapping war stories over what they have had to do to make the convention. Put in the Vacation request for the time away from work as soon as you can so you can come enjoy the fun!

HOST HOTEL
Best Western Kelly Inn
100 4th Avenue South
St. Cloud MN, 56301
Call - 320-253-0606 and ask for the SHO Club rate of $79/night!

SUNDAY
DINNER WITH THE MALLINSONS

Avoiding the chain restaurants is the goal here, every city has unique and hidden gems that we love to find, and every year we locate a restaurant to celebrate the kickoff of the convention and invite any early arrivals to follow along. Since the 2000 convention we’ve been locating the best burgers, fries, fish, crab and whatever else the local region is known for! With that in mind, we invite all the early arrivals to our traditional pre-convention get-together with us! Once this location is determined it will be posted here.

MONDAY - JULY 16, 2012
REGISTRATION

The Convention registration packet includes our convention program, any goodies we are able to wrangle up, a dash plaque and badges / IDs which are your entry to all SHO events and allow you to receive our convention discounts! DO NOT lose this badge! Badges are not needed for access to special discounts and events during the week.

SINGLE EVENT SPECIAL
For the 2012 convention, those interested or only able to attend just our track day at Brainerd on Wednesday, can take advantage of this special and just pay the track fee.

GOLF WITH RON PORTER
Ron has been leading a small band of golfers for the past decade thru each conventions to a local course where they play each July. Tee times usually are not locked in until two-weeks prior to the convention, but usually they shoot for the 8-9 AM timeframe on Monday. Sometimes they also play a round on Tuesday afternoon if time permits. Anyone interested in Monday and/or Tuesday should contact Ron - ron.porter@gmail.com.

RECEPTION
In Minnesota, we are working on having another reception similar to Charlotte where we go away from the main hotel. This year we are also adding in something fun though, a Pinewood Derby Race!
For those interested, we are looking at having two classes of cars in the race. One that follows all the rules of the Boy Scouts of America, and then an open class that will allow more flexibility.

Here’s a sample set of basic rules taken from the BSA’s Cub Scout Leader How-To Book:
All cars must pass the following inspection to qualify for the race:
1.Width shall not exceed 2-3/4 inches.
2.Length shall not exceed 7 inches.
3.Weight shall not exceed 5 ounces.
4.Axles, wheels, and body shall be from the materials provided in the kit.
5.Wheel bearings, washers, and bushings are prohibited.
6.No lubricating oil may be used. Axles may be lubricated with powdered graphite or silicone.
7.The car shall not ride on any kind of spring.
8.The car must be free-wheeling, with no starting devices.
9.No loose materials of any kind are allowed in the car.

TUESDAY - JULY 17, 2012
CAR SHOW

Traditionally our car show is at the Host Hotel from 7:30am to 12:00PM and is $10 per car for pre-registrations OR $15 per car the day of the show. Most years everyone is out and cleaning their cars by 7:00am and the SHOw is going by 7:30am as people clean their cars. By having the car show as one of the very first things during the week, we can then go to the road course or drag strip; some drivers still end up cleaning their cars after the track events anyway, but at least this way we won't feel so bad about the rubber or road grime getting all over the car. Judging starts by 9am and is usually done by 11:30am easily with our long time SHO Club members stepping in to offer their expertise at going over the cars. Our classes are broken down by generation of SHO: 1989 to 1991, 1992 to 1995, 1996 to 1999, & 2010 to 2012. Trophies based on the appearance of each individual car are handed out at our Thursday night banquet. Just because someone else's Gold class car is a brand new 2011, doesn't mean that your car won't also get a Gold!

AFTERNOON EVENT
TBD

WEDNESDAY - JULY 18, 2012
TRACK DAY - TBD

Every year we include a track day at a nearby track and for 2012 we are going for Brainerd International Raceway! As we get more details, we'll post it on here of course.

THURSDAY - JULY 19, 2012
MORNING EVENT
TBD

BANQUET

Our traditional convention closing banquet will be in one of the banquet rooms at the host hotel, look for signs in the hallway pointing the way. The past couple years we have received some nice goodies from Ford that we have been able to hand out to everyone at the banquet, and we will be talking with them to see what other ways they can participate. Closing out the convention will be the announcement of following years convention!

We welcome everyone in the SHO Community to take our Convention Survey and let us know your picks and preferences of the conventions spots we have picked.

The results (Ok, just our pick for next year) are announced during our Convention Banquet on the Thursday evening of the convention!

If you have any questions, PLEASE feel free to email us at shoclub@shoclub.com.

This is the one I knew about as well. Don and Ken Mallinson are good friends of mine. They actually came up to the Spring Zing track day at Waterford Hills near Detroit a few years back.

Their events are well planned. Heck, they even include some golf along with a track day. Perfect combination. :)

Score... I'm actually a member on the forum already... back from my SHO days. Go by SHOTIME2669 on that forum. I'm definitely in as long as it doesn't interfere with CarCraft Summer Nationals. Although I'd still be down for a meet with the rest of CEG/NECO.

Last edited:
im a member over there too, and there are cars i've been wanting to see for years now.
hell yeah i'm taking the time off!

I honestly think this will be great to be a part of. I am very excited to see that we have friends in other clubs and have known them for a long time. I am lining up my days off from work and then getting my registration in.

Pinewood derby car race?!?! I could totally dust off one of the cars I built as a kid and race it in the nostalgia class lol. I would love to go, but already have a vacation planned in August :(

Back