• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing Alternative.

Spring Zing Alternative.

• Yes

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Maybe - I'll let you know.

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

D.Acker

Owner/LUCA’s *****
Admin
In case SZ12 doesn't happen due to the outage, some of us are discussion still getting together in Ohio. Location yet to be determined. Please note there is nothing formal being planned as far as dyno\track etc days, just hanging out. This is an INTEREST check only, if we have enough people, LUCA or myself will look at hotels and try to negotiate a group rate. Also, please note, that this is not intended to replace SZ. If SZ still happens, this event WILL NOT!!!

We are thinking about doing Akron and using the same hotel that we stayed at last year for SZ. This will also be for the same weekend Spring Zing would have been (May 24-27th).

Would you pay $500+ to hang with twenty five mustang owners? Camaro owners? Its all more of the same and thats half the problem. My first year taking a non platform car to the show and shine really killed it for me. I'm just saying, this needs to grow into more than just contours if we want the big numbers. Expand to fords newest lineup if we must limit them at all but this is an enthusiast group first, imo, then a contour club. This is just my take on why attendance is much lower.

Edit: Man, I guess I came down a little hard about this earlier. I just want to go and see some friends again. Like you, Fuz. :eek:

Yea I'm with Pre98... need to entice more then just Contour owners to make the event attendance grow.

Yea I'm with Pre98... need to entice more then just Contour owners to make the event attendance grow.

I'm sure we can shoot higher for 2013, it won't happen overnight. Right now getting a hotel and two events seems like a good bar to shoot for so it doesn't make the people stepping up go crazy trying to organize. This is jmo, just trying to help.

If we could get people from svtperformance, that would be a pretty good group of people for a meet. A parking lot full "Special Vehicles." I say Special Vehicles as in having SVOs & SVTs... Just a thought.

We should invade NECO and see if we can get an entire section for the CEG/NECO meet. That would help us get a much larger meet together. And they have the same platform, and seem to be cool guys so i think we should try for that. Or just join their cougarfest?

While much of this makes a great deal of sense for something later, perhaps a reloaded variant for next year, I would be interested in just a "hang-out" meet for this spring. To me, meeting and reconnecting with people and lives is the largest part of the experience, bigger than fancy doings.

So then let's do this and clean out the useless threads about Spring Zing not happening, etc, and just do a Meet N Greet and some evening shenanigans? I'm down for that... it's only 3 hrs away for me...

So then let's do this and clean out the useless threads about Spring Zing not happening, etc, and just do a Meet N Greet and some evening shenanigans? I'm down for that... it's only 3 hrs away for me...

That's exactly what this thread is all about, we're just going to do it over the same time period SZ would have been.

Sounds pretty good to me. We should probably start a head count in the mean time? A list just like other years we did SZ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back