• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Road Course updates

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
Alright well the road course portion is looking grime. Bluegrass Motorsports Park appears to be no longer. Right now I'm trying to locate a track that is with in a decent distance of Louisville, KY. So far the closest one is Indiana it's pretty awesome... but it's expensive, probably more then what the trip would cost people. If anyone has any ideas for another facility by all means lets see it!

Putnam Park - Mount Meridian, IN - LINK
putnamlayout.jpg

Response from them:
"The cost for a day at Putnam Park is $9,030.00, and includes track rental from 9am-5pm, wrecker, ambulance staffed with 2 EMTs, 8 corner workers plus one for pit-out, 12 radios, a gate person for waiver signing, a $3 million Liability and $3 K excess medical insurance policy through K & K Insurance, and use of 20 garage bays, which may be used as the clubs sees fit.

If the group would like to reserve a date, a contract is issued which must be signed and returned with a $1,000.00 per day deposit. The balance for the event is due 30 days before the event.

If you have any questions, please email or call."

So if we had as many people as we did last year 18 people would put that at $501 a person. The track is pretty awesome, but that's a bit steep on price.

Putnam Park is a good and very popular track for clubs and other groups for track days. But, I agree the upper limit for most will be somewhere under $200 (probably closer to $150) for a track day.

Putnam Park is a good and very popular track for clubs and other groups for track days. But, I agree the upper limit for most will be somewhere under $200 (probably closer to $150) for a track day.

Exactly my thoughts. This is a real big let down in my book. Not aware of any other options really.

One other thought... but it would go against the vote... Brainerd International Raceway in MN posted their 2012 schedule... Link Although that is $295, but includes their performance driving school course with it.

http://www.brainerdraceway.com/track-info/3-1-mile-track.html

I guess at this point I would propose that we have a separate CEG Road Course event in addition to the SZ event. Basically the Louisville, KY event would include a dyno test & tune day with grill out at the shop a chance for everyone to hang out and talk with everyone, drag racing that evening. Then show & shine followed by the banquet dinner.

Last edited:
Back