• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ12 Proposal's

SZ12 Proposal's

• Louisville, KY

Votes: 43 72.9%
  • Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN

Votes: 16 27.1%

• Total voters

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
I'm starting this thread to get what I'm thinking out there to get the ball rolling. I still have some details to work out, but this is what I have right now. If people are committed I'll start to follow up with these places to ensure they can accomodate us. If someone else has a proposal feel free to add it to this thread then we can get a decision going...

Louisville, KY

Track Day: Bluegrass Motorsports Park - Road Course provides 2.2mi/2.1mi/1.27mi/1.17mi configurations - Link
Dyno Day: Blankenship Tuning & Performance (this shop is located next to the hot rod shop my Uncle works at and seems promising and they work with SCT)
Show & Shine: TBD (will work with Ford Assembly Plant or local Ford Dealer)

-Track is located about a little over an hour Northeast of Louisville. Figure we camp out at a hotel in the outskirt suburbs of Louisville most likely in Hurstbourne or Middletown to put us in the middle between the track and other sites. I have a few places in mind of the Dyno, but I need to confirm a few things. Most of these places are close by and near downtown Louisville. Show & shine would be fun to have at the assembly plant, but I'm thinking we'd be best off having it at one of the larger dealers in the area if they'll have us. There are plenty of areas to have a cruise in the area as well as some other things which are not car related (Churchill Downs, Louisville Slugger building). I'd be looking to work with some local members to help sort some of the details out.

Minnepolis/St. Paul, MN

Track/Drag Day: Brainerd International Raceway, BIR - Road Course provides 2.5/3.1mi configurations - Link
Dyno Day: DB Performance or MAPerformance (will determine if proposal approved)
Show & Shine: Tousley Ford

Since the track and drag strip is so far away I'd recommend (for the people interested) starting out up in Brainerd at a local hotel then coming down the next day for the dyno day and the remaining weekend. Plenty of locations for amazing cruises , Twin Cities has a lot to offer for entertainment and I know of a number of places that we can go for some great food.

Last edited:
If it is in MN, and I don't go...I will never hear the end of it...and my account will be suspended..

I'm pretty much right between both. On one hand, never been to Kentucky, on the other, I love the twin cities

Kentucky FTMFW! I would definitely be there! Its been a few since ive made it out to see u guys too.

And isn't it always freezing in MN?

No it's not always freezing. We're in the 70's today that time of year I'd expect about the same temp, figure 65-75deg. Perfect racing weather

Well I received some feedback from my Aunt, which came from my Uncle. Turns out his good friend owns a shop with a dyno right next to the hot rod shop he works at and does Dyno day's all the time. Sounds like he would be more then willing to work with us. So I can contact him for further information if we decide Kentucky is where it's at. Added the info to the first post.

Last edited:
No it's not always freezing. We're in the 70's today that time of year I'd expect about the same temp, figure 65-75deg. Perfect racing weather

Well I received some feedback from my Aunt, which came from my Uncle. Turns out his good friend owns a shop with a dyno right next to the hot rod shop he works at and does Dyno day's all the time. Sounds like he would be more then willing to work with us. So I can contact him for further information if we decide Kentucky is where it's at. Added the info to the first post.

With the hotrod shop right next to the dyno, maybe your uncle could get a hot rod meet on the dyno day? That would be cool, all of SZ attenders with their cars and hot rods not to far away sounds nice. (just throwing it out there)

Thanks for setting these up. I'm not sure yet if I will make it to SZ12, but if I do, location will not matter. It would be easier to keep everything in one location like the Louisville proposal. MN sounds very interesting too.

Some of the BEST back roads in the country are within an hour of Louisville. Farther east you can hit 68 south of Lexington; it is simply awesome!

It would also place you in dangerous proximity to Bourbon country. Hit the http://www.kybourbontrail.com/ and if you find yourself near Versailles, see Bob at Labrot and Graham for a tour.

Back