• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ2010 Autox @ Miller Park

Pole120

Addicted CEG'er
Need to know how many are in, as i need to get Bruce that info. Should be a great time at a superb location.

Sunday May23: 8:00 am - 3:00 pm

"The Milwaukee Porsche club’s autocross events are for the most part open to non-Porsche club members and cars. It is altogether possible that I can incorporate your club’s national event in our May 23rd autocross with sufficient advance planning. Our timing program could set up one or more separate classes for your cars for awards purposes. Before committing to anything I would like to know about how many drivers you expect to autocross. I typically like to give drivers a minimum of 1 practice and 8 timed runs. The per driver cost for non-Porsche club members for the event will be $55-$60 depending on my final lot rental cost from the Milwaukee Brewers"

I just pooped. I'm 90% in. Is this the alternative to the Road America track?

I just pooped. I'm 90% in. Is this the alternative to the Road America track?

This is ONE alternative.

I spoke with some of our SVTOA buddies and got an inside contact with the Milwaukee Mile, so that may still be an option for Friday giving us two racing events for the weekend.

Road America would have cost us $10,000 to rent the track for the day. :shocked:

ive run at miller park before. it is a huge lot.

if this doesnt work out, my region is more than likely going to hold an event that day. it would be on the way home for the people going east, but an early morning since its almost 3 hrs away

early Sunday mornings are unpossible after our SZ Saturday nights.
They get worse (better?) every year.
:drool: :crazy:
icon14.gif

This is ONE alternative.

I spoke with some of our SVTOA buddies and got an inside contact with the Milwaukee Mile, so that may still be an option for Friday giving us two racing events for the weekend.

Road America would have cost us $10,000 to rent the track for the day. :shocked:

if I didn't have to pay in to the feds I would be more then willing to throw 1-2K towards road america. I say we get an interest thread started between CEG,NECO,SVTOA...I could see if anyone in the R6/R1 community is interested. 50 people $200 a head all day at road america :drool:

Last edited:
It's pretty much too late at this point. I had the track reserved until two weeks ago, but they really needed us to put up or shut up. CEG had *maybe* a handful of people and SVTOA has Autobahn the week before. I would have needed firm commitments and cash in hand to make the reservation.

If we really do want to run Road America and have at least 15 CEGers who commit with cash we would need 25 other people to sign up for a per-head price of $250 which is damn reasonable for an all-day on one of the country's premier road courses. We would have to start the process at this year's Spring Zing for 2011. This is all assuming we would have SZ 2011 in Wisconsin again, which is up to more people than just Josh and I.

It's pretty much too late at this point. I had the track reserved until two weeks ago, but they really needed us to put up or shut up. CEG had *maybe* a handful of people and SVTOA has Autobahn the week before. I would have needed firm commitments and cash in hand to make the reservation.

If we really do want to run Road America and have at least 15 CEGers who commit with cash we would need 25 other people to sign up for a per-head price of $250 which is damn reasonable for an all-day on one of the country's premier road courses. We would have to start the process at this year's Spring Zing for 2011. This is all assuming we would have SZ 2011 in Wisconsin again, which is up to more people than just Josh and I.

Honestly if you booked road america for next year, I think most people wouldn't mind having SZ there next year.

The problem is I tried booking it for this year and never really got the support. Can't put the cart before the horse.

Well if SZ in WI is a success and we get it next year....LETS DO IT!!!!! All day at RA would be :drool: Like I said I can start talking around on the R6/R1 forums.

I'll probably watch for a little while, but I need to be back for work at 6am Monday :shrug:

I'll drive up to the Zing for a road course day, but without....

If this is an alternative, I'm out. If this is a second race date in addition to a road coarse, I'm in for BOTH.

I'll drive up to the Zing for a road course day, but without....

If this is an alternative, I'm out. If this is a second race date in addition to a road coarse, I'm in for BOTH.

That's unfortunate. Not all of the Spring Zings I've attended include a track day. There are two race tracks in southeastern Wisconsin; one is insanely expensive and the other is an oval that can be converted to a small road course. Next stop is northern Illinois. I'm thinking I wasn't very clear about that in my other thread concerning road courses, but as I said there I didn't want to give out too much until I had more solid information. For the record I still do not.

I'm driving up from south Florida, so the major enticement to justify the trip will be either a road coarse or smooches from frenchblueC2 and PepermintPatty.

Back