• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Suggestion for the Friday Lake MI Cruise

frenchblueC2

amusé par les flatulences
Since the dyno is heading toward Saturday, then it looks like the Lake MI cruise will be doable. I think that's an awesome idea and is a great addition to the event line up.

However, for the love of Angry Pete, whoever is leading the cruise - stay at or a little under the speed limit. I don't think people understand how rough it is to be at the tail end of a caravan with the leader doing 5-10 over the speed limit. It has a weird snowball effect and causes the followers to have to drive even faster. It's a cruise, not a race.
Make it enjoyable for everyone, pwetty please, with sugarfrostedtitsontop?

Since the dyno is heading toward Saturday, then it looks like the Lake MI cruise will be doable. I think that's an awesome idea and is a great addition to the event line up.

However, for the love of Angry Pete, whoever is leading the cruise - stay at or a little under the speed limit. I don't think people understand how rough it is to be at the tail end of a caravan with the leader doing 5-10 over the speed limit. It has a weird snowball effect and causes the followers to have to drive even faster. It's a cruise, not a race.
Make it enjoyable for everyone, pwetty please, with sugarfrostedtitsontop?

There won't be anything to crazy or high speed on the cruise. Infact there will be a couple other people besides me leading smaller groups to help prevent people from getting to far separated.

Mark

Not only that, but caravan leaders need to actually lead. Caravans should be split into groups of no more than 10 cars. Lead and tail need radios to stay in contact. If a group gets severed by lights, train, etc the front half needs to wait. Not everyone has GPS yet.

Past CEG caravans have been an exercise in frustration, mostly. Having GPS and not needing to rely on a caravan is the only way to go. It's unfortunate to not be able to impress people with our dorkiness by all driving the same grocery getter in four different colors to an event, but oh well.

Edit: Mark knows what he's doing! I'm impressed.

I also want to point out that whoever besides me that leades a group will know the route ahead of time & will know ahead of time that they are leading a group. Last year I was getting ready to go hang out at the dyno and someone came up to me and told me I was taking a group to Hell. No directions, no radio, no anything. I'm not doing it that way.
We'll be leaving around noon and will end up in South Haven for pics at the beach then we'll head up to Clementine's for a late lunch (probably around 3ish) and then from South Haven we'll cruise to Paw Paw, MI and grab ice cream at The Sugar Bear.

Mark

Cool sounds great. I'm trying to find both of my little radios, found 1, need to find the other still. If I have them along the leaders\tails are welcome to use.

Mark, Are you just going to take I-94 to 131 to M43? Or are you taking I-94 all the way west????

Just read the main post...heading to South haven huh... Maybe I get Keys to condo??? someone brings grills... we party??????

You know better me better then that.... I94 west. NO! it's all back roads all the way down town South Haven.

yay. i'm excited for sz this year. maybe there will be some direction! :D i kid, i kid, don't get all defensive, we keep coming back so you must be doing something right

We'll be leaving around noon and will end up in South Haven for pics at the beach then we'll head up to Clementine's for a late lunch (probably around 3ish) and then from South Haven we'll cruise to Paw Paw, MI and grab ice cream at The Sugar Bear.

cool.gif

This sounds GREAT, the cruise last year to Hell was awsome. I cant wait for this one.

Well yeah, maybe if you were at the beginning or middle of the pack:shrug: , if you were at the back of the pack you got seperated very quickly. Also knowing that Hell wasn't actually called Hell (officially)would have been nice, Hell, MI is not in the GPS.

Well yeah, maybe if you were at the beginning or middle of the pack:shrug: , if you were at the back of the pack you got seperated very quickly. Also knowing that Hell wasn't actually called Hell (officially)would have been nice, Hell, MI is not in the GPS.

I was in the rear of the pack of my group and was still awsome. And yes its actually called Hell

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Michigan

Back