• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Important questions

hetfield

or hetfeild
These questions come from personal experience. Typically we're trying to figure this stuff out when we need it as opposed to actually being prepared, and that's usually when there's no one local standing around. Hotel staff couldn't find their asses if they weren't attached. Anyone from or familiar with the area who knows this stuff can chime in.

• Where is the nearest DIY car wash?
  • Where is the nearest grocery store?
  • Where is the nearest drug store? (Walgreens)
  • (Most importantly) When is the cut-off for alcohol purchases?
  • Any other restrictions on buying alcohol? For example, in Fort Wayne stores couldn't sell refrigerated beer.
Any other questions I'm not thinking of?

pretty sure you can buy beer in small stores 24 hours. don't quote me, but i bought beer at a "convenience store" at like 1am.

of course i paid out the A$$ for it.

In Wisconsin it's stupid: state law allows liquor sales until 9:00pm and beer until midnight. However, almost all of the counties and municipalities restrict beer sales at 9:00pm. There are something like two or three cities in the state that allow beer sales until midnight.

Actually I just found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_laws_of_the_United_States_by_state

So Michigan is 2:00am.

Last edited:
I thought I saw somewhere xchang or someone was putting together a little guide thing with all that info:shrug: I could be wrong though.

wasn't it in Michigan i thought i remember last year they dont sell beer in gas stations right?

lol yeah it was wallgreens, that was the strangest thing, people here still dont belive me.
ya i knew we got liquor and beer at the walgreens lol cause i thought it was hilarious but gas stations were a no go there where we were last year i thought?

ya i knew we got liquor and beer at the walgreens lol cause i thought it was hilarious but gas stations were a no go there where we were last year i thought?

Thats correct cause you and I made a beer run and went to the gas station and I was like WTF:confused: and asked the dude and he looked at me like I was corke and said "No you have to go to wallgreens",I said "beer not cheer dude":laugh::laugh:

Many gas stations in MI sell beer. The ones that don't is due to having to pay for the license. Additional fees to offer liquor as well. Being a college town there are plenty liquor stores closer to campus...all open til 1:45 (they push their clocks ahead).

Hell, Kzoo has a DRIVE-THRU liquor store!!!

I am very familiar with Kzoo, but have no idea about grocery, car-wash, etc where the hotel is. No reason to go out that way if you live there. Just hotels off the expressway.

Many gas stations in MI sell beer. The ones that don't is due to having to pay for the license. Additional fees to offer liquor as well. Being a college town there are plenty liquor stores closer to campus...all open til 1:45 (they push their clocks ahead).

Hell, Kzoo has a DRIVE-THRU liquor store!!!

I am very familiar with Kzoo, but have no idea about grocery, car-wash, etc where the hotel is. No reason to go out that way if you live there. Just hotels off the expressway.

Awsome, then you can take us all around and get our alcohol then right, and show us where all the chicks are:laugh:

Google maps:

Put in car wash kalamazoo, mi

Sparkle Buggy Car Wash‎
2255 S Sprinkle Rd, Kalamazoo, MI‎

If i bring a hose will the hotel let us hook it up when the goodguys are in columbus alot of the hotel let them use there waterhook ups

There is a hand wash booth place down Cork St. Sparkle buggy is automated wash. If you can get to Westnedge, it has everything you need.

Back