• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Will you dyno?

From the work i have done on my own without permission. The company wants 1200 for the whole day. Which includes him driving/gas/operating the dyno/insurance and rental fee.
Many SZ's dyno rentals averaged a 1 day fee of 900 dollars to rent a dyno. Seeing this guy has to travel and gas...he has added another 300 on top of that. I spoke to him today and i'll be caling him later to see If he will agree to $1000.

Just an FYI...The cost to rent the dyno at SZ 05 and 06 was $650 for 8 hours.
Sounds like this is about almost double. :blackeye: Does this include AFR? I suppose being able to dyno is better than no dyno at all.

Last edited:
Sounds like this is about almost double. :blackeye: Does this include AFR?
this is also a mobile dyno we are looking at which is one reason there are some added costs.

I wasn't complaining either.
Believe me, I spent quite a chunk of time yesterday myself looking for convenient dyno options for everyone.

Sounds like this is about almost double. :blackeye: Does this include AFR? I suppose being able to dyno is better than no dyno at all.

AFR is included during these runs.

We have called almost every place possible within 1 hour+ of this place....and nothing is coming back to us as being available. It's frustating seeing we have no other options but this mobile dyno. Which i thought was a better idea...seeing people will be driving hours upon hours to get here and then make them drive 3 hours (all together) for a dyno day. Gingerman is already 1.3 hours away as it is. So making them do a long drive each day just for each event is asking or expecting too much. Maybe it's just me...but i'd rather have something local which will keep everyone together most of the time. :shrug:
People are complaining that its not an awd system...that it's a Rwd. Why is it soo expensive etc etc. Why can't we have this instead of that...i don'tthink a mobile dyno is accurate..:blackeye::laugh:

Well with only like 30 people registared i don't know if we can even fill 15 spots for a dyno day now:shrug:

I know of a few dyno's that are 1.5+ away...but that means everyone will have to get up 6:00 to get to the shop....and since last years dyno was only 25 mins away from the hotel...people hardly showed up then...and most people showed up after 11:00.

we appreciate all the effort you have put into this for us Harry. I hope it works out but if it doesnt then no big deal either.

Back