• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Will you dyno?

ryanblacksvt

I'm the Dork who ran 14.9 on PassTime. :)
If you will dyno at sz put your name here. Harrry found a dyno and asked me to get a list going.

1-Ryanblacksvt
2-Starjammir

Last edited:
I just talked to him too, I really dont NEED to dyno, but ill do one pull though if needed. Might wanna add that its a RWD one not AWD

1-Ryanblacksvt
2-Starjammir
3-BigBEN
4-icysvt(as long as im in my car and not the wifes)

Okay guys here is the thing.... I found a company that will provide us with a mobile dyno. The price is alittle high (more then other years) because he has to travel to US. Instead of us traveling 1h+ drive to a local area. That will cost us....10+ dollars each to drive from a dyno shop back. So if you think of saving 10 each a person put it towards this instead..... Because..... unless we can get like 15-20 people this is a no go..unless he lowers the price down...because i want it around $50-65 a person.

This will be a 2 pull a person run. Anyone who is tuning can do their 2 runs earlier then come back and dyno again once everyone who has registered has dyno'd already.Once they come back they may dyno more for an additional $25 a run.

We will get in contact with the dyno guy tomorrow. Todras will make an official post about this and what the cost will be once we get everyone signed up.

Last year it was 50 regular and 65 with AFR...we are trying to aim for the same price. So lets keep this thing going and get enough people.!!

1-Ryanblacksvt
2-Starjammir
3-BigBEN
4-icysvt(as long as im in my car and not the wifes)
5-TRicker
6-Harry

That would be awesome in the hotel parking lot, but I dunno if other people visiting there will like it :blackeye:.

Yeah that's kind of what I was getting at.
Unless the hotel is cool with it and willing to rope off an area for us.
Otherwise, I'm wondering if a local shop would host.

I was joking about the hotel parking lot, but hey, that would be cool. Never drank beer while watching people dyno.

I want to do a couple pulls with the Ported 3L with the intake/injector setup I have just to prove to people 17# injectors in a 3L is a bad idea for long term. AND kuz I want to know what it is putting down as is.

Will they stop my dyno if the AF goes crazy lean on the top end? If I only do one pull because of it, do I get 1/2 of my $ back? I really want the info for CEG, not so much myself..... Probably would be the only dyno of a 1995 conty w/ Ported 2005 3L, SVT UIM, TB, SE LIM, and17# injectors.

I want to do a couple pulls with the Ported 3L with the intake/injector setup I have just to prove to people 17# injectors in a 3L is a bad idea for long term. AND kuz I want to know what it is putting down as is.

Will they stop my dyno if the AF goes crazy lean on the top end? If I only do one pull because of it, do I get 1/2 of my $ back? I really want the info for CEG, not so much myself..... Probably would be the only dyno of a 1995 conty w/ Ported 2005 3L, SVT UIM, TB, SE LIM, and17# injectors.

Guys...here is the thing. I don't have the power to organize this event...mark dictates whose in charge.

From the work i have done on my own without permission. The company wants 1200 for the whole day. Which includes him driving/gas/operating the dyno/insurance and rental fee.
Many SZ's dyno rentals averaged a 1 day fee of 900 dollars to rent a dyno. Seeing this guy has to travel and gas...he has added another 300 on top of that. I spoke to him today and i'll be caling him later to see If he will agree to $1000.

Yes this will be in the parking lot of course the hotel will be notified. again i have no power to do so...so i can't answer or solve any of these questions.

I'm really trying here on my own to find a place...i've called many places and i'm doing a lot of work on my own to solve our dyno problem. I spoke to Todras yesterday and i have so far started to send him dyno info so he can make some calls also.
So trust me...i'm trying my best. I was never asked to do this...i'm taking it upon myself to help solve our dyno problem. Trust me if you guys don't like it...i have no problem walking away:shrug:

Guys...here is the thing. I don't have the power to organize this event...mark dictates whose in charge.

From the work i have done on my own without permission. The company wants 1200 for the whole day. Which includes him driving/gas/operating the dyno/insurance and rental fee.
Many SZ's dyno rentals averaged a 1 day fee of 900 dollars to rent a dyno. Seeing this guy has to travel and gas...he has added another 300 on top of that. I spoke to him today and i'll be caling him later to see If he will agree to $1000.

Yes this will be in the parking lot of course the hotel will be notified. again i have no power to do so...so i can't answer or solve any of these questions.

I'm really trying here on my own to find a place...i've called many places and i'm doing a lot of work on my own to solve our dyno problem. I spoke to Todras yesterday and i have so far started to send him dyno info so he can make some calls also.
So trust me...i'm trying my best. I was never asked to do this...i'm taking it upon myself to help solve our dyno problem. Trust me if you guys don't like it...i have no problem walking away:shrug:
im not complaining one bit Harry. We gotta get some more people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and btw I have a TB on the way to you:cool:

Well thank you for doing all that you are Harry, it means alot to me I know that!

I hope my post wasn't offending, it wasn't supposed to be.

I was basically saying "I could and want to" but if they are worried about leaning the motor out, should I just not bother to dyno then?

Back