• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How many f/i cars will we have this year?

the plan right now is to take mine, but I'm not sure I can trust it to make the drive because of a weird electrical problem I haven't figured out yet.

1.Ryanblacksvt/turbo
2.brapple - se/turbo

1.Ryanblacksvt - 3.0 - svt/turbo
2.brapple - 3.0 - se/turbo
3.SHOgoFast - 3.0 - svt/turbo
4.99RedSVT - 2.5 - svt/turbo

I think it should be required that all f/i contours sign up for the dyno, and have a hp competition. Come on people lets do this:laugh:

I think it should be required that all f/i contours sign up for the dyno, and have a hp competition. Come on people lets do this:laugh:

all well and good but I am having doubts about being able to drive mine out to SZ. driving around today almost every time I hit a bump the instrument cluster would cut out for a moment. when this happens the alternator stops charging and I don't want to get stuck somewhere ....

all well and good but I am having doubts about being able to drive mine out to SZ. driving around today almost every time I hit a bump the instrument cluster would cut out for a moment. when this happens the alternator stops charging and I don't want to get stuck somewhere ....

Sounds like the VREF signal interruption of death like I was having when it was shutting my whole car down for an instant. I know it's not, but still, not fun.

Sounds like the VREF signal interruption of death like I was having when it was shutting my whole car down for an instant. I know it's not, but still, not fun.

well when it happens the engine runs perfect, there is no effect in drivability. what happens is the cluster cuts out, no tach, no speedo, no warning lights or anything and no charging from the alternator. fog lamp indicator will stay on. sometime the airbag light on the left of the dash will flash, which isn't the real airbag light. Also sometimes the low fuel light will flash. In the past this was an indication on a bad cluster from what I read. However I have changed clusters bases, swapped the speedo and tach and it still happened.

I am thinking it is a problem with a VREF sensor that is causing the problem. I know the wires are fryed going into the VVS right at the body of the VSS. I am also thinking it might be something with the interior fuse panel. disconnecting the wiring on the inside normally helps correct the problem. yesterday grabbing those wires and moving alittle might have corrected it.

I am pretty sure its something in the car as it did this before the 3L/turbo/battery relocation but sometime after I swapped the cluster to the SVT cluster. I suppose I should try the stock cluster again and see what happens.

but needless to say it makes me nervous enough not to drive the car out to SZ.

Back