• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Alternative Friday activities

D.Acker

Owner/LUCA’s *****
Admin
Question. I was just wondering for those of us not participating in the Dyno on Friday, will there be some alternative (not that is matters to me) like last year where Steeda did the Hell run?

I was thinking perhaps a CEGer that is experienced with PC detailing for swirl removal etc could do a demo at the hotel or really anything like that perhaps.

Perhaps bring any of the How-to's we have to "life" so to speak with a live demo.

I'm not experienced enough to do something like that, or do I mind just hanging out a bs'ing while others are at the dyno.

Just a thought and I'm certainly not expecting\demanding an alternate activities.

That's a good day to wash/detail your car if you don't want to watch the dynos for very long.
There's a coin operated car wash not too far from the hotel. We never got hassled for bringing our own bucket and supplies (as opposed to using the soap from the machine).

That's a good day to wash/detail your car if you don't want to watch the dynos for very long.
There's a coin operated car wash not too far from the hotel. We never got hassled for bringing our own bucket and supplies (as opposed to using the soap from the machine).

Good point and since I won't have child labor along this year, I may need some extra tim.

I get to drive to the train station to pick up my g/f who has to attend a conference on Wednesday and Thursday of that week. No Dave, she cannot help you detail your car that day.

I get to drive to the train station to pick up my g/f who has to attend a conference on Wednesday and Thursday of that week. No Dave, she cannot help you detail your car that day.

Damn it, what can she help me with then:ponder:. That's ok, I'm not planning on having anything to do to the car but wipe it down and possibly vacuum it out at that point anyway.

We'll see, I'm avoiding posting friday activities just yet, There is a slim (very slim, again very very slim) chance that the show-n-shine may have to pushed up a day due to Gilmore accidentally overbooking. I don't think that is going to happen though.
That being said, they have mentioned that because of the overbooking they would want us to keep our cars parked for the duration and try to avoid constant in & out. If that ends up being the case the TSD Rally/Scavenger hunt could be held on friday. I should have everything hammered out by next week if I can get back on land before the this weekend
Mark

We'll see, I'm avoiding posting friday activities just yet, There is a slim (very slim, again very very slim) chance that the show-n-shine may have to pushed up a day due to Gilmore accidentally overbooking. I don't think that is going to happen though.
That being said, they have mentioned that because of the overbooking they would want us to keep our cars parked for the duration and try to avoid constant in & out. If that ends up being the case the TSD Rally/Scavenger hunt could be held on friday. I should have everything hammered out by next week if I can get back on land before the this weekend
Mark

Cool! Thanks for the update, I forgot about that scavenger hunt thing during the S&S

I can get a list of stuff to do and don't around Kzoo. Some coin washes you wanna stay away from since there are issues with the locations. I'll get a "Tours Guide" type stuff for SZ this year.

Mark

Make the show and shine after lunch IMHO. That way people actually have a chance waking up after being toasted...wash their cars and eat lunch before we go to the show.

Last years was way too early and most people didn't even show up till 12:00pm anyways.

Just an idea...:shrug:

Make the show and shine after lunch IMHO. That way people actually have a chance waking up after being toasted...wash their cars and eat lunch before we go to the show.

Last years was way too early and most people didn't even show up till 12:00pm anyways.

Just an idea...:shrug:

I couldnt agree more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally, this way I can have my alone time with the girly ;)

EDIT: WTF why is it every post I make it always starts a new page lol.

HAHA, I dont know how to change it lol...also I dunno where all these smiles are people use. I cant seem to find them anywhere lol. Guess I dont know ish about this place.

Back