• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Track days check list?

Devanmc

Veteran CEG'er
We had one last year of requirements for our selve(helmets, cloths, ect) and our cars(no leaking fluid, good tires, ect.). How soon will one of these be up?

Also how will the group be split this year and will we have drivers outside of CEG again?

I'm a dim witted and pissy teenager, but when it comes to driving. Especially on a closed track with other drivers, I am very serious about it. So please no more smart*** comments. :cool:

Thanks,
Devan

We had one last year of requirements for our selve(helmets, cloths, ect) and our cars(no leaking fluid, good tires, ect.)

You pretty much nailed it. The long sleeve shirt and pants you wear must be of a natural fiber. I.E. no nylon jogging pants. SA snell rated helmets. Some clubs will accept m rated helmets. As for the car, you left out no loose articles in the car. That includes floor mats. Also, your brake pedal must have a firm feel, the throttle body must return to a closed position. This is all common rules between every track event I've been to.

I hopping to be aloud to use a M helmet again(snell 2000 rating). Thats all i have. Since i dont have the money to buy another one, for a once a year event.

You should look here for your info about Gingerman's Test and Tune sessions:

http://www.gingermanraceway.com/evening-rules-and-regulations

http://www.gingermanraceway.com/evening-register

On these pages it does mention "...helmets must be SNELL 2000 or newer for cars, DOT approved for bikes, no passengers unless approved by management,..."

One other thing I noticed in the rules....

"Previous track driving experience is required."

I read this to mean no first timers allowed, which to me defeats some of the purpose of going to the track with this particular group since we would/could have several first timers.

It mentions a fire retardant(nimex) full body suit... I dont have one of those...

Edit: never mind that was in a different rules section.

I'm a dim witted and pissy teenager, but when it comes to driving. Especially on a closed track with other drivers, I am very serious about it. So please no more smart*** comments. :cool:

Thanks,
Devan

Point taken. No offense meant.

Regarding the track, you've already listed what's required (as has already been said). It's pretty much common sense - long pants, closed-toed shoes, Snell 2000 (or newer) helmet, and I recommend some decent "grippy" gloves to drive in just in case your hands get sweaty.

I also suggest some often-used tools, a decent flashlight, a length of 3/8" inner-diameter hose (for use as an auto stethoscope in case you need to track down a noise), and money for toll highways if you're traveling cross-country. A fire extinguisher, as Buckshot taught us all, isn't a bad idea either. ;)

Back