• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Thanks for the help...

SVTWannaBe

CEG'er
I wanted to thank everyone that gave me a hand at spring zing this year trying to determine the shaking issue I had with my car. Unfortunately, when I put my car up on the hoist at work this weekend, I found out it had nothing to do with my car at all. I have to say good bye to my rims that I just bought; they are severely bent and warped. :cry: I didn't notice how bad the rims were when I balanced them, since they balanced out ok. So again, thank you, but now that my rims are gone, so is the shake. Maybe I'll try again next year with a new set of rims.

On that note, if anyone knows of any 17" rims for sale that would look nice on a champagne contour, please, let me know!!

I bet it was the Detroit roads that did them in.

No, it wasn't the roads that did them in unfortunately...the rims were bent prior to my trip. I didn't realize they were the problem strictly because of all the other issues my car was having that could have contributed to the shake. I didn't have any more time left before sz to narrow it down that far...I changed my axle the day before I left!! But the rims were in an accident prior to my purchase (though on a better note, I have not yet paid the guy for them, so I'm just going to give them back).:cool:

Ooooooooooo... thats low. :help:

I have a set of Fusion rims, but they are 5 bolt pattern, not 4. At least you got home with those wheels.

Sorry that it ended up being your rims.

Well atleast it was nothing major and it was easily corrected.

I don't remember you but i do remember your car at SZ:cool:

I don't remember you but i do remember your car at SZ:cool:

She's the one getting groped. ;)
SZ08_9.JPG

Back