• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Who will keep the Elky bagged sticker on the longest?

What the heck happened?

Right after crossing into wyoming just before cheyenne, a gust of wind blew me into the median on I80 west. I got all the way into the gravel area and tried to come out of it and just a slight turn in the gravel at 75mph sent me into a 180 degree spin across both lanes of traffic, i took out 2 or 3 of those road marker reflective posts, went into the ditch, back up out of the ditch onto an on ramp where I did another 180 and then went into the outside ditch. I hit a lot of the brush and stuff off the side of the road and got a bunch of little dents all over the car, the reflective posts hit the front driver side and damaged the driver head light, fog light and grill, so all that got replaced and I had to get minor body work done over the whole vehicle.

It didn't go against my record because there were tornado's and wind storms through the whole area so comprehensive covered it. I just gotthe car back from the shop and all is good again but the parts for that car were pretty expensive. the oem windsheild alone was $459. all is good though now so it's back to running like a fine tuned machine.

Right after crossing into wyoming just before cheyenne, a gust of wind blew me into the median on I80 west. I got all the way into the gravel area and tried to come out of it and just a slight turn in the gravel at 75mph sent me into a 180 degree spin across both lanes of traffic, i took out 2 or 3 of those road marker reflective posts, went into the ditch, back up out of the ditch onto an on ramp where I did another 180 and then went into the outside ditch. I hit a lot of the brush and stuff off the side of the road and got a bunch of little dents all over the car, the reflective posts hit the front driver side and damaged the driver head light, fog light and grill, so all that got replaced and I had to get minor body work done over the whole vehicle.

It didn't go against my record because there were tornado's and wind storms through the whole area so comprehensive covered it. I just gotthe car back from the shop and all is good again but the parts for that car were pretty expensive. the oem windsheild alone was $459. all is good though now so it's back to running like a fine tuned machine.
dang man that sounded like one hell of a ride! Glad you came out of it ok.

dang man that sounded like one hell of a ride! Glad you came out of it ok.

X2, glad you are ok! Hopefully you had a change of underpants with you :)

Thanks to rain-x mine was falling off from day 1, Ill have to take a pic as I have the ghetto version now Yo Been Bagged is all it says now!

Back