• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ '07 Dyno discussion

todras

Pretty fly for a white guy *cowbell*
I have spoken with Aya Racing and they charge $100 an hour. So if we do 8-4pm it will be $800. Just depends on how many cars want to get on. He doesn't like to 3 pulls he said because the car gets hotter each time but he'll do whatever we will like. But if you're a turbo car of course you'll want to see other boost reading. He is an SCT dealer so tuning will take more time of course. Just so many options. Should we just do 20 cars. I'd guess you could do 3 pulls for each car and that would take 20-25 minutes. So figure 2.5 cars an hour x8 hrs.= 20 cars. $40 a car.

Last edited:
Can they guarantee for the number of cars? Reason for asking is the situation in Ft. Wayne. this year......the poeple doing it were slow as balls as opposed to last year.....and some people were in danger of not getting the runs they paid for. Will these guys guarantee all the cars paid get on the dyno reguardless of time?

~Josh

Good question. I guess I could collect $50 from everyone to be sure we have enough $ for time and refund the $ if we don't take an entire 9 hrs.

Can they guarantee for the number of cars? Reason for asking is the situation in Ft. Wayne. this year......the poeple doing it were slow as balls as opposed to last year.....and some people were in danger of not getting the runs they paid for. Will these guys guarantee all the cars paid get on the dyno reguardless of time?

~Josh

Not sure what the deal was with those guys. They have put 70 cars through that dyno on a dyno-day, so I knew the 18 cars we had wouldn't be an issue. I just had to get the owner involved to speed it up.

Todd,
I'd just make it a dyno-only day. Once you get people wanting to do tuning, and wanting special treatment for their $40, then other people start to complain. We were thinking about the same thing with SZ05 & SZ06, but decided to keep it to 2-3 pulls per person. Unexpected stuff happens, so it's probably better safe than sorry when you're talking about CEG'ers money. :laugh:

Mark

So it will actually work out to $45 a person for 2-3 pulls. Most likely 2 pulls for those wanting to just get #'s and 3 for those FI or with Apexi that can make adjustments for power. If we have extra time at the end then you can come back on if you've made an adjustment such as a y-pipe or TB. That's cheap dynoing right thur.

Edit: They can also do A/F at the exhaust tip or in an O2 port. In the bung being more accurate but taking a little longer to hook up.

Last edited:
Sounds great Todd.

I'll be watching intently for the signup sheet. Hoping to turn a couple heads in 07 :)

I wish i could have dynoed cold at 06....probably would have done a little bit better than 175.....

For those that are interested PRT may have some parts (i.e. opt. TB, opt. Y) we can try out between runs if anyone shows interest. Perhaps if someone makes a purchase prior to SZ I'll bring their pars along to MI and personally install them for before/after results.

~Josh

Sounds great Todd.

Perhaps if someone makes a purchase prior to SZ I'll bring their pars along to MI and personally install them for before/after results.

~Josh

Sweet how much of a gain can I expect to get from my Mirko skidplate :crazy:. j/k.

Aaron

Back