• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Sz 2020 updates

LUCA

Boomstick\Owner
Admin
Please post all updates on SZ here. Not all of us are on that FB page so some don't know what is actually going on.
Feel free to post a poll on suggested optional dates as well.
Thanks!

Here's my take. With everything going on, no dine in restaurants, pretty much 100% business shut down. Then they are closing sections of roads to go cruising on. I want everyone to cruise have a great time and everyone feel safe. Even superfest at vir has been canceled. Theirs talk of reschedule in June. I'm open.

(Untitled)

At this time i also believe rescheduling is going to be our best bet. June works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, time to reschedule. Ford even called me a bit ago to suspend the ST Experience because NC is shutting down for 30 days.
I'm not sure what works best at this time although fall is nice in TN.
Better to stay home at this time.

Time for the new date selection Poll!
SZ2020, v2...

1. June 25-28, 2020 [pre-Independence day weekend]
2. September 3 - 6, 2020 [pre-Labor Day weekend]
3. October 8 - 11, 2020 [pre-Columbus Day weekend]
Other suggestions will be accepted...

Same basic plans. May have changes to details like the host hotel, dinner venues, etc. All of those will need to be worked out again.

Last edited:
As a result of the revised dates and other issues, a new host location has been selected and is in place - much less expensive options!

Wild Bear Inn is in Pigeon Forge, TN, only 5 miles from Gatlinburg, just before you enter the spur that connects the two towns. Wild Bear Inn has traditional hotel rooms with two queen beds or a single queen bed. All rooms are brand new as of March 2016. There is a German-themed restaurant and Tavern on site. All rooms receive two complimentary pancake breakfasts. Two additional pancake breakfasts can be purchased at a rate of $5.00 each. You may visit the website www.wildbearinn.com for additional information.

Double Queen is $59.00 / night + tax -- available as of 9/22
Single Queen is $49.00 / night + tax -- fully booked

Property: Wild Bear Inn Pigeon Forge
Group Name: CEG
Arrival Date:10/08/2020
Departure Date: 10/12/2020 ?
Group Number: 66-754
Reservation Deadline/Cut Off Date: 09/22/2020

Below are the booking procedures and important information. Please relay this information to guests within your group.

For Reservations:
Reservations may be made by phone at 1-877-502-7058. Please be sure to use Group Code 66-754. Reservations must be received by the Resort no later than 09/22/2020.

Reservations made other than described above (such as third-party online sites) may not be changed to reflect the group rate and therefore the attendee may not be associated with the group.

Check-In/Check-Out:
Check-in time begins at 4:00 p.m. Each reservation for which the required deposit has been received is guaranteed for late arrival until 11:59PM of the scheduled Check-In Date. Reservations that have not arrived will cancel the remaining dates of the reservation and forfeit their deposit. Check-out time is 10:00 a.m. A late-departure charge may apply for any room(s) occupied after the scheduled check-out time.

Payment & Cancellation Policy:
A deposit equal to the room rate plus tax is due at the time of reservation. Final payment for all Reservations is due upon check-in. A security deposit equal to a fifty dollar ($50) credit card hold or two-hundred dollars ($200) cash deposit is required at check-in for each Reservation to cover any incidentals. This amount is fully refundable upon check-out if no incidentals are charged and there is no room damage.

Cancellations for individual reservations must be made seventy-two (72) hours prior to the first check-in date in order to avoid payment of a penalty in an amount equal to the cost of one (1) night’s room and applicable taxes. Deposits are refundable if you cancel prior to the seventy-two (72) hour cancellation window. All rates are in US dollars.

We look forward to having everyone stay with us!

Last edited:
All who are intending to attend the revised date SZ, please make your hotel reservations! Also list your name [and if you have guest(s) coming with you] and dates arriving/departing on here, so that I can get a count for the meal/ banquet/ etc.
Thanks!
I look forward to our visit and drives.
Also, I would like to remind all to look at the SZ 2020, v2 merchandise website for logo gear for our event.

Order your CEG SZ2020v2 merchandise here. You can pay and have me pick the items for distribution at the event, or order and have them shipped direct to you.
The webstore will remain open until the event dates.
http://cegspringzing.webstoreorder.com/

Last edited:
As with every Spring Zing, some people need help with what to bring with them. I'll start...

1. Suggestion for those planning to participate in the driving activities.... bring walkie talkies. There will be many places where cellular service is spotty at best, but mostly it will be non-existent.
2. bring a chair (or chairs if more than 1 in your party) to sit and chat for the evening parking lot conversations/shenanigans
3. GoPro or similar cameras to capture the driving activities. We will be on some beautiful roads, and will hopefully have some fall colors too.
4. This is 2020 so I unfortunately need to also put on here to bring a mask or other face covering, in case it is needed for any place you or we would like to visit, shop, or eat.
5. Cleaning supplies, as much or as little as you care to.
6. Items to sell, if any?

What other items do people suggest?

CEG SZ2020v2 planning and preliminary schedule:
We will have an informal gathering on Thursday evening at the hotel tavern to choose the next day's drive schedule.
Options 1 - Through Wear's valley to the Foothills Parkway, to the Dragon, to Cherohala Skyway, and return via Hwy 360 to US 411, to Foothills Parkway, to GSM river road to Gatlinburg.
Option 2 - to Brushy Mountain Prison for a tour, then the Devils Triangle, then back to Pigeon Forge, before going to Gatlinburg for the walk.
Option 3 - across the Gap in GSM to Cherokee, NC, then to Moonshiner 28, then the Dragon, then Cherohala, then Hwy 360 from Tellico, then Foothills Parkway...
Option 4 - You choose. I provide maps.

We will do group / planned drives on Friday and Saturday. Thursday and Sunday are on your own as to drives.

Remember that Breakfast is included each morning that you stay at the hotel.
Friday evening is a planned walk in Gatlinburg for the moonshine tour plus food.
Saturday evening is our going away dinner with raffles.
Sunday morning group breakfast for those still at the hotel.

A swap / shop location will be set up for those who so choose to bring items to sell. I will have some for raffle , some to give away, and some for sale.
SS Headers with Y-pipe and MIL eliminators
NOS side skirts with JPCs
98 NOS Motorcraft Fuel Pump
SVTOA and Ford Performance items...

Back