• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Open voting 2020

Open voting 2020

• Proposal 1 - April 16- 19, 2020

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Proposal 2 - April 2 - 5, 2020

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

squeek

Hard-core CEG'er
Both of these proposals are brought to us by Jim Yoder. He has hosted in the past and done an excellent job. Please read through them and be aware if the dates. Thank you.

<‐------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

SZ-2020 Proposal 1 - April 16- 19, 2020 weekend -
To be held in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains similar to the previous SZ16.
Currently scheduled events include the annual Pigeon Forge Rod Run & the Bronco Super Celebration in Townsend.

Hotel TBD, still confirming availability of various locations in the area.

Driving Options include a Tail of the Dragon Run; new Foothills parkway run; a Cherohala Skyway run; across the park to Cherokee NC; ...

Tour of Garrett's Muscle Car Museum in Sevierville, TN.

Moonshine Distillery Tours across the area.

Banquet options include Ole' Red [run by Blake Sheldon] in Gatllinburg, TN; others TBD.

<‐------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

SZ-2020 Proposal 2 - April 2 - 5, 2020 weekend -
To be held in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains between Knoxville, TN and Gatlinburg, TN.

Currently scheduled events include the quarterly Harper Cars and Coffee in Knoxville Sunday morning; Saturday morning Three (3) C's Cars, Coffee, Cycles - hosted by Smoky Mountain Harley-Davidson in Maryville, TN.

Driving options include a Tail of the Dragon Run; new Foothills parkway run; a Cherohala Skyway run; across the Great Smoky Mountains National Park to Cherokee NC; ...

Tour of Garrett's Muscle Car Museum in Sevierville, TN.

Moonshine Distillery Tours across the area.

Banquet options include Ole' Red [run by Blake Sheldon] in Gatllinburg, TN; Margaritaville restaurant in Pigeon Forge, TN; other options available and TBD.

Hotel TBD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea which event will be less cluttered? I ask this because it could effect our group. As we ride along the "tail". Would not want it to turn out to be a dud due to too many vehicles outside of us. Also hotel reservation could possibly be lower in cost for which ever dates have fewer people.

so once again the question is (which dates will have fewer people at those events).

The first week of April is spring break for a lot of Georgia school systems.It might be busier during that time frame. I picked that weekend due to being off the following week. I have never been to one this gatherings. I don't currently own a svt but im hoping that changes in a few days.

Any idea which event will be less cluttered? I ask this because it could effect our group. As we ride along the "tail". Would not want it to turn out to be a dud due to too many vehicles outside of us. Also hotel reservation could possibly be lower in cost for which ever dates have fewer people.

so once again the question is (which dates will have fewer people at those events).

The weekend of April 16 will have many more cars in the area. Mostly street rods and muscle cars attending the Pigeon Forge Rod Run and the Bronco event in Townsend. Hotel prices will be likely be higher, or harder to get. Particularly in Pigeon Forge.

The later week will be tough for some Southerners to attend.

That is the week of RBC Heritage Golf Tournament on Hilton Head Island, SC.

I KNOW there is no chance for me to be off that week.

I'll help you, Brian...
"Registration for 2020 is closed! Click here to be added to the waitlist"

SZ it is. I am registered for the ST Experience in April and the 16th through the 19th is perfect for coordinating the two events. They are fairly close to each other as well.

If only Spring Zing registration would be filled in less then a day!!! LOL

Chris I might come visit you for Easter!! Then we can head to Spring Zing together like old times!

If only Spring Zing registration would be filled in less then a day!!! LOL

Chris I might come visit you for Easter!! Then we can head to Spring Zing together like old times!

Yeah, right! We could only wish.
I'll be here for Easter. We'll talk.

It's official...SZ is 16 to 19 April 2020.
If we can help in any way let us know.
Thanks, Jim!

Back