Open voting 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open voting 2020

Both of these proposals are brought to us by Jim Yoder. He has hosted in the past and done an excellent job. Please read through them and be aware if the dates. Thank you.

<‐------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

SZ-2020 Proposal 1 - April 16- 19, 2020 weekend -
    To be held in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains similar to the previous SZ16.
    Currently scheduled events include the annual Pigeon Forge Rod Run & the Bronco Super Celebration in Townsend.

Hotel TBD, still confirming availability of various locations in the area.

Driving Options include a Tail of the Dragon Run; new Foothills parkway run; a Cherohala Skyway run; across the park to Cherokee NC; ...

Tour of Garrett's Muscle Car Museum in Sevierville, TN.

Moonshine Distillery Tours across the area.

Banquet options include Ole' Red [run by Blake Sheldon] in Gatllinburg, TN; others TBD.

<‐------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

SZ-2020 Proposal 2 - April 2 - 5, 2020 weekend -
    To be held in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains between Knoxville, TN and Gatlinburg, TN.

Currently scheduled events include the quarterly Harper Cars and Coffee in Knoxville Sunday morning; Saturday morning Three (3) C's Cars, Coffee, Cycles - hosted by Smoky Mountain Harley-Davidson in Maryville, TN.

Driving options include a Tail of the Dragon Run; new Foothills parkway run; a Cherohala Skyway run; across the Great Smoky Mountains National Park to Cherokee NC; ...

Tour of Garrett's Muscle Car Museum in Sevierville, TN.

Moonshine Distillery Tours across the area.

Banquet options include Ole' Red [run by Blake Sheldon] in Gatllinburg, TN; Margaritaville restaurant in Pigeon Forge, TN; other options available and TBD.

Hotel TBD.

Proposal 1 - April 16- 19, 2020
    70.59%
    Proposal 2 - April 2 - 5, 2020
    29.41%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by LUCA; 02-01-2020, 02:12 PM.
    98 Silver Frost
    Full 3.0L
    ST220 intake w/ f150 tb

Any idea which event will be less cluttered? I ask this because it could effect our group. As we ride along the "tail". Would not want it to turn out to be a dud due to too many vehicles outside of us. Also hotel reservation could possibly be lower in cost for which ever dates have fewer people.

so once again the question is (which dates will have fewer people at those events).
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Comment

Decisions, decisions... CEG peeps or https://quattrodemayo.com/
      Brian D. Passaro
      1986 Daytona Turbo Z Red with T-Tops
      1995 Mustang GT Convertible Yellow Black Top
      1998 Contour SVT E0 Silver Frost #3734 of 6535
      2006 Hyundia Elantra "the beater"

Comment

The first week of April is spring break for a lot of Georgia school systems.It might be busier during that time frame. I picked that weekend due to being off the following week. I have never been to one this gatherings. I don't currently own a svt but im hoping that changes in a few days.
        -99 E1 Black/MNB #1974 stock DD
        -98 E0 Black/MNB #0812 3L sold
        -98 E0 T-Red/MNB #0322 sold

Comment

Originally posted by montrese04 View Post
          Any idea which event will be less cluttered? I ask this because it could effect our group. As we ride along the "tail". Would not want it to turn out to be a dud due to too many vehicles outside of us. Also hotel reservation could possibly be lower in cost for which ever dates have fewer people.

so once again the question is (which dates will have fewer people at those events).
          The weekend of April 16 will have many more cars in the area. Mostly street rods and muscle cars attending the Pigeon Forge Rod Run and the Bronco event in Townsend. Hotel prices will be likely be higher, or harder to get. Particularly in Pigeon Forge.
          Jim -- SVT Contour: #1313, B/P-T, Born 1/06/00; #1485, SF/MNB, Born 5/30/97; & #1346, SF/MNB 3l Hybrid, Born 5/97;
          2009 FXSTSSE3; 2011 Fusion Sport; 1971 Torino GT Convertible [Project] & 71 Torino SW [Surf wagon project]

Comment

The later week will be tough for some Southerners to attend.

That is the week of RBC Heritage Golf Tournament on Hilton Head Island, SC.

I KNOW there is no chance for me to be off that week.
            Current: 99 Spruce Green SE with full SVT body kit, MNB interior, 3L port-matched, LSD trans, wheels
            99 Black MTX Cougar (gone); 99 Rio Red MTX Cougar (still own)
            99 Lazer Red ATX Cougar(sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Checker'd SVT View Post
              Decisions, decisions... CEG peeps or https://quattrodemayo.com/
              I'll help you, Brian...
              "Registration for 2020 is closed! Click here to be added to the waitlist"

SZ it is. I am registered for the ST Experience in April and the 16th through the 19th is perfect for coordinating the two events. They are fairly close to each other as well.
              Christine

2019 Ford Edge ST
              www.velossatechdesign.com

2000 Ford SVT Contour #1412

1998 Ford SVTContour #2059. 3 March 2004 - 18 June 2012- SOLD
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/560265

Comment

Originally posted by LUCA View Post
                I'll help you, Brian...
                "Registration for 2020 is closed! Click here to be added to the waitlist"

SZ it is. I am registered for the ST Experience in April and the 16th through the 19th is perfect for coordinating the two events. They are fairly close to each other as well.
                If only Spring Zing registration would be filled in less then a day!!! LOL

Chris I might come visit you for Easter!! Then we can head to Spring Zing together like old times!
                Brian D. Passaro
                1986 Daytona Turbo Z Red with T-Tops
                1995 Mustang GT Convertible Yellow Black Top
                1998 Contour SVT E0 Silver Frost #3734 of 6535
                2006 Hyundia Elantra "the beater"

Comment

The later date works better for us Northerners who otherwise would really be pushing it to be out of winter storage, boots...
                  "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues" - Dame Elizabeth Taylor

Bruce: 2015 Buick Regal GS, Crystal Red Tintcoat
                  Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Checker'd SVT View Post

If only Spring Zing registration would be filled in less then a day!!! LOL

Chris I might come visit you for Easter!! Then we can head to Spring Zing together like old times!
                    Yeah, right! We could only wish.
                    I'll be here for Easter. We'll talk.

Christine

2019 Ford Edge ST

Comment

It's official...SZ is 16 to 19 April 2020.
                      If we can help in any way let us know.
                      Thanks, Jim!
                      Christine

2019 Ford Edge ST

Comment

Working...
                      X