X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoundQ SVT
    replied
    Thank you, Jim.

Anyone else wanting to throw your hat in the ring with a proposal before the voting begins??

Leave a comment:

• JKYoder
    replied
    SZ-2020 Proposal 2 - April 2 - 5, 2020 weekend -
    To be held in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains between Knoxville, TN and Gatlinburg, TN.

Currently scheduled events include the quarterly Harper Cars and Coffee in Knoxville Sunday morning; Saturday morning Three (3) C's Cars, Coffee, Cycles - hosted by Smoky Mountain Harley-Davidson in Maryville, TN.

Driving options include a Tail of the Dragon Run; new Foothills parkway run; a Cherohala Skyway run; across the Great Smoky Mountains National Park to Cherokee NC; ...

Tour of Garrett's Muscle Car Museum in Sevierville, TN.

Moonshine Distillery Tours across the area.

Banquet options include Ole' Red [run by Blake Sheldon] in Gatllinburg, TN; Margaritaville restaurant in Pigeon Forge, TN; other options available and TBD.

Hotel TBD.
    Last edited by JKYoder; 01-05-2020, 12:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JKYoder
    replied
    SZ-2020 Proposal 1 - April 16- 19, 2020 weekend -
    To be held in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains similar to the previous SZ16.
    Currently scheduled events include the annual Pigeon Forge Rod Run & the Bronco Super Celebration in Townsend.

Hotel TBD, still confirming availability of various locations in the area.

Driving Options include a Tail of the Dragon Run; new Foothills parkway run; a Cherohala Skyway run; across the park to Cherokee NC; ...

Tour of Garrett's Muscle Car Museum in Sevierville, TN.

Moonshine Distillery Tours across the area.

Banquet options include Ole' Red [run by Blake Sheldon] in Gatllinburg, TN; others TBD.
    Last edited by JKYoder; 01-04-2020, 09:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperRob
    replied
    My Votes is for JKYoder! For April 16 so we can make the Rod Run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• LUCA
    replied
    Originally posted by SoundQ SVT View Post
    Hello????
    Sorry, Bob. My reply didn't post, I apparently didn't hit the post button.
    Let's give it until the 4th at this point, as Jim suggested. It can be left open for two weeks as suggested if a vote is required.

Leave a comment:

• JKYoder
    replied
    I am trying to get confirmation on an event date here... That will affect the hotel rooms pricing and availability.

Some Local events on the calendar include: March 26th weekend - Ponies in the Smokies. April 16th weekend - Pigeon Forge Rod Run & the Bronco Super Celebration in Townsend; May 1st weekend NSRA Street Rod Nationals Knoxville; Harper Cars and Coffee Knoxville - TBD [probably the first Sunday in April]; monthly Saturday (1st): Maryville, TN - Three (3) C's Cars, Coffee, Cycles - hosted by Smoky Mountain Harley-Davidson..
    Chime in if any particular event is of particular interest.
    Last edited by JKYoder; 12-18-2019, 12:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JKYoder
    replied
    How about giving until Jan 4 to finish the proposals. Then do the voting for 2 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• SoundQ SVT
    replied
    Hello????

Leave a comment:

• SoundQ SVT
    replied
    Should we set a deadline for submissions? Perhaps by end of day Saturday December 21? And also announce the voting window starting between Christmas and New Year's, and leave it open for a week or two. Whoever is hosting will need to get moving in January to put their plans in motion.

Leave a comment:

• giganto
    replied
    I liked the St. Louis proposal from last year, and if it's Eastern Tennessee I'd definitely drop by the Lane Motor Museum in Nashville. A lot out car YouTubers have made videos there.

Leave a comment:

• SoundQ SVT
    replied
    SZ 2018 was in Peoria, IL. SZ 2019 was in Cleveland, OH. If nobody stepped up to host 2020 I would have put forth a proposal to bring it back to Peoria again. However, someone (Jim) is working up a proposal to host in the Smokey mountains in eastern Tennessee. If you want it in the Midwest in 2020, put together a proposal (either to host on your own or with a group of people) for people to consider for the vote in December.
    Last edited by SoundQ SVT; 11-29-2019, 10:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The 1982 EXPert
    replied
    Being most of the remaining CSVTs are on the Eastern half of the country could we schedule a meet in the mid west? I'm biased to Wisconsin lol but I'd travel to Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, or Michigan to see some other SVT Contours!

We just can't travel far as our one running SVT has many issues keeping us from driving far distances HOWEVER I'll gladly hop in another car and trek for a few hours any direction :)

Leave a comment:

• SuperRob
    replied
    Originally posted by JKYoder
    I am working on a SZ20 proposal similar to the SZ16 that I hosted in Gatlinburg, TN.
    I like the sound of this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• JKYoder
    replied
    I am working on a SZ20 proposal similar to the SZ16 that I hosted in Gatlinburg, TN.

Leave a comment:

• SoundQ SVT
    replied
    Too quiet in here. Only 4 or 5 weeks left to get proposals together. Who's working on one??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X