• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing 2020 proposal

squeek

Hard-core CEG'er
Once we get all the proposals posted and everyone's had a chance to go through them. A voting post will be opened up. It will be discussed by ceg admin about the proposal cut off date. Probably be the end of December.

Tail of the Dragon or Lime Rock Park...put a proposal together. :)
We need people to step up and actually plan SZ. You'll need to plan some events; road course or cruise, car show (you can plan to join another car show on Saturday or plan your own), chose a hotel, where to have the banquet and what you'll have for dinner (we don't need that right now but if you win you will need to figure this out), parking lot shenanigans and other fun events that people like to do in your area. Brewery tours are a favorite. Pick things that people from out of town would like to do while in your area.
Look back through last years proposals to get an idea of what info you need to gather. Put your proposals together and post 'em up..

I'd like to know who is considering a proposal to host SZ2020. I'm happy to share what I did for SZ2018 if anyone wants to know what's involved. I'd even consider hosting again in 2020 if nobody steps up to do it.

Being most of the remaining CSVTs are on the Eastern half of the country could we schedule a meet in the mid west? I'm biased to Wisconsin lol but I'd travel to Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, or Michigan to see some other SVT Contours!

We just can't travel far as our one running SVT has many issues keeping us from driving far distances HOWEVER I'll gladly hop in another car and trek for a few hours any direction :)

SZ 2018 was in Peoria, IL. SZ 2019 was in Cleveland, OH. If nobody stepped up to host 2020 I would have put forth a proposal to bring it back to Peoria again. However, someone (Jim) is working up a proposal to host in the Smokey mountains in eastern Tennessee. If you want it in the Midwest in 2020, put together a proposal (either to host on your own or with a group of people) for people to consider for the vote in December.

Last edited:
I liked the St. Louis proposal from last year, and if it's Eastern Tennessee I'd definitely drop by the Lane Motor Museum in Nashville. A lot out car YouTubers have made videos there.

Should we set a deadline for submissions? Perhaps by end of day Saturday December 21? And also announce the voting window starting between Christmas and New Year's, and leave it open for a week or two. Whoever is hosting will need to get moving in January to put their plans in motion.

I am trying to get confirmation on an event date here... That will affect the hotel rooms pricing and availability.

Some Local events on the calendar include: March 26th weekend - Ponies in the Smokies. April 16th weekend - Pigeon Forge Rod Run & the Bronco Super Celebration in Townsend; May 1st weekend NSRA Street Rod Nationals Knoxville; Harper Cars and Coffee Knoxville - TBD [probably the first Sunday in April]; monthly Saturday (1st): Maryville, TN - Three (3) C's Cars, Coffee, Cycles - hosted by Smoky Mountain Harley-Davidson..
Chime in if any particular event is of particular interest.

Last edited:
Hello????

Sorry, Bob. My reply didn't post, I apparently didn't hit the post button.
Let's give it until the 4th at this point, as Jim suggested. It can be left open for two weeks as suggested if a vote is required.

SZ-2020 Proposal 1 - April 16- 19, 2020 weekend -
To be held in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains similar to the previous SZ16.
Currently scheduled events include the annual Pigeon Forge Rod Run & the Bronco Super Celebration in Townsend.

Hotel TBD, still confirming availability of various locations in the area.

Driving Options include a Tail of the Dragon Run; new Foothills parkway run; a Cherohala Skyway run; across the park to Cherokee NC; ...

Tour of Garrett's Muscle Car Museum in Sevierville, TN.

Moonshine Distillery Tours across the area.

Banquet options include Ole' Red [run by Blake Sheldon] in Gatllinburg, TN; others TBD.

Last edited:
Back