• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing 2018 - Peoria, IL May 3rd - 6th Hotel information and more...

Last weekend to book your hotel room from the block!! Procrastinators paradise!! Get it done now!!!

Only one week left to get your t-shirt orders in!! April 7 is the deadline!!

Only 3 weeks left until Spring Zing!! It will be here before you know it!!

I'll post some information this weekend with the schedule, reminders, and instructions how to pay for the Saturday evening banquet. Please go to CEG today and provide the information there if you're attending so I can make your name badge.

I just checked out the list of events going on in the Peoria area during the weekend of Spring Zing. There is a LOT going on. Here are a few of them...

Thursday night, Three Dog Night is in concert at the Peoria Civic Center

Friday, there is a 5k race on the Peoria riverfront at 6:00 pm. We will be in that area for the afternoon and evening ourselves, for the Caterpillar Visitors Center, dinner at Blue Duck BBQ @ 5:00, and the riverboat cruise that departs at 7:30. Last year's race had nearly 500 people, and they expect the same or more this year.

On Saturday, there is another 5k race on the north side of Peoria. It will be going on while we are at Cars & Coffee, but is along one of the routes to get from C&C to Wheels O' Time so we'll need to choose another route (plenty to choose from).

As mentioned before, the Peoria Chiefs class A baseball team also has home games all weekend, and Friday night has fireworks after the game.

The Johnsonville Big Taste Grill will be at a Schnucks grocery store not far from the hotel for Friday, May 4 11am-6pm Saturday, May 5 11am-6pm Sunday, May 6 11am-2pm OR until Brats sell out! Proceeds benefit the Peoria Race for the Cure.

Also, as mentioned before, Peoria WingFest will be going on along the riverfront on Sunday. Check out http://peoriawingfest.com/ for more info

I have some good news, and some not so good news.

The good news: The t-shirt order arrived, and I have separated it out based on who ordered what. Everything was there, so no issues. I only had to order 3 shirts to cover the 35 minimum for the pricing. They are available for sale if anyone would like one. $15 at the event, $20 if shipped. All three are size XL, color Light Steel (gray).

The not as good: The raffle looks like it will be a little slimmer this year than in... the past. We have the following items so far:

- CTEK battery chargers with some accessories donated by Hoerr Racing (two of them)
- Rock Auto $25 gift certificate donated by Rock Auto
- Summit Racing banner donated by Summit Racing
- Mequiars car care kits donated by me (two of them)
- Meguiars car wash and wax (big bottle) plus a big package of microfiber towels donated by me
- Ford baseball hats donated by Uftring Ford in East Peoria, IL (two of them)

If anyone else would like to donate any items or services to the raffle, please let me know.

More not so good: For those that plan to arrive on or before Thursday, please keep an eye on the weather. They are forecasting a severe weather outbreak to our west on Wednesday that will be in this area on Thursday. The rest of the weekend looks great though, with highs in the upper 60's to 70 each day and lows about 50.

I have the name tags, and voting ballots printed and ready to go. The awards are being donated by our very own Joe Barnes (blu_fuz) Thanks Joe!

If you are planning to come and have not yet provided your CEG screen name to me, I need that information because you do not currently have a badge created

Back