• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing 2018 - Peoria, IL May 3rd - 6th Hotel information and more...

SoundQ SVT

Hard-core CEG'er
Spring Zing 2018 - Peoria, IL
May 3rd - 6th

The hotel has been selected and a block of rooms held.

Quality Inn & Suites
4112 N Brandywine Drive
Peoria, IL, 61614-6727

Phone: (309) 685-2556
Fax: (309) 685-6272

https://www.choicehotels.com/illinoi...n-hotels/il455

Call the hotel directly and ask for the "Contour Group" block of rooms

Check in: Thursday May 3rd
Check out: Sunday May 6th

Must reserve by April 1, 2018

I had them block some double queen bed rooms, and a couple single king bed rooms.
$70 per night + tax regardless of room type.

I can add more if I need to. I hope I will need to!!

Note: The only double queen bed rooms available were not non-smoking rooms. However, there are likely to be some non-smoking double queen bed rooms come available once two other groups also staying at the hotel release their unused rooms. (one of the other groups is the minor league baseball team in town to play the Peoria Chiefs that weekend. They have 15 rooms blocked but normally only use 12 or 13. The other group I believe was the National Guard). We will be in line to get those once they do.

The banquet and raffles on Saturday will be at the hotel in one of their conference rooms. I will work on the catering for that and communicate the total cost to attend SZ (including the banquet) as well as the schedule of activities in the weeks ahead!

Stay on the lookout for updates, including possible discount information from Hoerr (pronounced "hair") Racing Products.

Last edited:
No Title

Here is the current thinking of activities for Spring Zing.

This schedule is tentative and subject to change

Times where there is only one activity listed, group participation is expected. Times where multiple options are listed, participants can choose the activity they prefer.

Attachments

• photo17992.jpg
    photo17992.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 0
Had the meeting with Hoerr Racing. All I can say is they are excited to participate, and all y'all (that's southern for all of you) need to be here to participate on Friday morning, 9:00.

More to come later. Stay tuned.

Tip for the weekend: The host hotel is a popular place. The likelihood of them filling up is high. Book your room now so I will know if I need to expand the block before it is too late. You can cancel the reservation later if plans fall through. (but they won't, right? )

I heard from the hotel on Monday that 3 of the 6 rooms in the block have been reserved. There was a post on FB that a fourth reservation was made after that. If you are wanting a double queen room, please book now. There aren't any more to put in the block (until one or two may get released by the other groups at the last moment).

Once the 6 get booked I'll add more, but they will all be single king rooms.

Thinking of flying in instead of driving? Sometimes the drive is just too long, but we'd still love to have you here!!

Peoria International Airport (PIA) is served by American (Dallas, Chicago, Charlotte), Delta (Atlanta, Detroit, Minneapolis), and United (Chicago)

Allegiant also flies between Peoria and the following cities on certain days of the week.

Orlando Sanford - Wed/Sat
Las Vegas - Fri/Mon
Phoenix/Mesa - Sun/Tues/Thurs
Punta Gorda / Fort Meyers - Mon/Fri/some Wed
St. Pete / Clearwater - Sun/Thurs

More rooms have been added to the block.... all single King rooms. There were only 4 double queens in the block, since that was all the hotel had, and I don't know how many of those are left.

Keep reporting as you book your rooms so I can track the consumption of the block. Thanks!!

(Untitled)

Good job Bob keeping this going!
82f4cf379161ef9b1748e83993854d5f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

809edd981f9b43606facec9adaa954eb.jpg

Spring Zing starts 8 weeks from today!!

Only a little more than 3 weeks left to reserve your hotel room and 4 weeks to place your T-shirt orders!!

Spring Zing Activity prices

Note: all activities with admission fees are optional for participation except Hoerr Racing (Free) and Show n Shine (Free in the parking lot at Wheels O' Time)

Meal costs not included in activity costs below.

Activity Price Summary for 1 Adult without discounts:

Thursday
Chiefs game 13.00

Friday
Hoerr Racing 0.00
Caterpillar Visitors Center 7.00
Spirit of Peoria Riverboat Cruise 23.00

Saturday
Cars & Coffee 0.00
Beer School 0.00
Wheels O' Time Museum 7.00

Total to do all 50.00
Activity Details:

Thursday
Peoria Chiefs $13

Beer & Brat Thirsty Thursdays are back again in 2018 with $2 12 ounce domestic cans and soda plus $3 16 ounce craft drafts and margaritas. Brats are also $3 on Thursday. Don't forget the St. Louis Cardinals Green Seat Giveaway at the Budweiser Bullpen and the Budweiser T-Shirt Cannon!
Presented by: Brewer's Distrubuting

Live Mas Thursdays
Thursday is once again a Taco Bell Live Mas Thursday where fans can present a Taco Bell receipt showing a purchase within the last seven days to receive a buy one, get one free ticket; Limit four free tickets per transaction.
Presented by: Taco Bell
Friday
Hoerr Racing Products Free!
Tour the facility
Tech Talks by industry professionals (tentative, subject to change)
- CTEK representative will talk about car batteries
- Selecting the proper brake pads
- HRP Services
HRP Discount Program for CEG members explained
Goodie Bags provided by Hoerr Racing Products
Caterpillar Visitors Center
General admission: $7
Seniors (55+), veterans and active military: $6
Veterans and active military (55+): $5
Children (12 and under): Free
(limit of 4 children per 1 adult ticket. Must be accompanied by an adult.)
Group rate (25 or more): $6
For Caterpillar employee and retiree tickets, please present your ID at the ticket counter.

The Doug Oberhelman Caterpillar Visitors Center is a fascinating look at the company, the iron and the people making sustainable progress possible around the world. From the humble beginnings of the first tractor to the company's present-day leadership in building infrastructure and powering the planet
Spirit of Peoria Riverboat Cruise
Adult $23.00 / person
Senior (55 and up) $21.00 / person
Child (4 through 15) $14.00 / person
Infant FREE!

Enjoy Peoria’s evening skyline by the light of the moon. Live entertainment is included with your ticket for this 2 hour cruise. A cash bar is available. Dinner is not served, but concessions are available.

Boards: 7:00 PM
Cruises: 7:30-9:30 PM
Note: It is a Fireworks night after the Peoria Chiefs game!
Saturday
Cars & Coffee Free!
The event will be held from 8am-11am.

Please remember to respect the property and throw away your trash. If you're not mature enough to do this, don't bother showing up. Please continue to take plenty of pictures at the events, and if you are on instagram, please tag # peoriacarsandcoffee.
Wheels O' Time Museum (location of Saturday Show 'n Shine)
Adult $7.00 Group (20+) $6.00
Child $ 3.50 Group (20+) $3.00
Handicapped adult $3.00
Handicapped child $2.00
AAA discount
Note: At present, we accept only cash or checks

The museum was founded in 1977 and opened to the public in 1983. We’ve been growing ever since. We’ve gone from one display building to five large buildings encompassing over 30,000 square feet. Antique and collector cars, Fire trucks, airplanes, bicycles, clocks, tools, Farm and Caterpillar equipment, Steam locomotive and train, Grandma’s kitchen, vintage clothing, toys, Dioramas, Lionel layouts, Music machines and devices

Outdoor displays
•Rock Island steam locomotive
•Milwaukee Road Combine car
•TP&W Caboose
•Working windmill
•Pullman RR cars, under restoration
•Plymouth switch engine
Beer School at Obed & Isaac's Free! But limited to first 20 to sign up online
Looking for something fun and interesting to do? Join us the first Saturday of every month at 10:00am for Beer School 101!

Learn about the brewing process, take a tour of our facilities & sample our brews! Class is limited to 20 students, so sign up today. Don't miss out!

*To clarify, Beer School does not include an actual brewing day which takes 8+ hours. This is a brief introduction to beer making, a tour through our working brewery, a discussion about styles and techniques, and comparative sampling of our styles.

Attendees are to arrive outside the brewhouse along Spalding about 9:50am. There is free parking at the municipal lot at Spalding and Madison. Casual attire is perfectly acceptable and due to the chance of wet floors in the brewery, we suggest close-toed, non-fancy shoes with decent tread. Eventzilla will send reminder emails to attendees two days prior to the event.

Attendees must be 21+ and attend under the explicit acknowledgement that they will be touring an operating brewery, where wet surfaces and other moving equipment may be present. As a condition of the working environment, all visitors to the brewery agree to hold Obed & Isaac's harmless upon entrance.

Last edited:
Another reminder.... only 2 weeks left to book your hotel room from the block at the low rate of $70 per night. That is much better than the current rate available online which will run you more than $100 per night. Book now before the rooms are gone!!

I received a nice email today, from the Early Ford V8 Club. :)
Hi Bob;

If you don't mind we would like to place the times for your car show in our club newsletter. The Early Ford V8 club has a presence at the wheels of time and I know that several members of our club would like to be there to visit and view. If placing the information is a problem please let us know, otherwise we will inform the membership. Yes we are aware "Contours" are not really old cars, but, there are always common interests with "car" people.

Six weeks, people!!! Only 6 more weeks until Spring Zing begins!!

Those that aren't planning to get here Thursday or very early Friday are going to miss out on some fun activities!!!

Things are starting to come together.

1 more week to get your hotel reservation made! Deadline is Sunday April 1.

2 weeks left to get your t-shirt orders in! Deadline is April 7!! There should be well over 20 orders by now based on the t-shirt poll I had earlier. Get on it!!

Back