Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring Zing 2018 - Peoria, IL May 3rd - 6th Hotel information and more...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Zing Activity prices

Note: all activities with admission fees are optional for participation except Hoerr Racing (Free) and Show n Shine (Free in the parking lot at Wheels O' Time)

Meal costs not included in activity costs below.

Activity Price Summary for 1 Adult without discounts:

Thursday
    Chiefs game 13.00

Friday
    Hoerr Racing 0.00
    Caterpillar Visitors Center 7.00
    Spirit of Peoria Riverboat Cruise 23.00

Saturday
    Cars & Coffee 0.00
    Beer School 0.00
    Wheels O' Time Museum 7.00

Total to do all 50.00
    Activity Details:

Thursday
    Peoria Chiefs $13

Beer & Brat Thirsty Thursdays are back again in 2018 with $2 12 ounce domestic cans and soda plus $3 16 ounce craft drafts and margaritas. Brats are also $3 on Thursday. Don't forget the St. Louis Cardinals Green Seat Giveaway at the Budweiser Bullpen and the Budweiser T-Shirt Cannon!
    Presented by: Brewer's Distrubuting

Live Mas Thursdays
    Thursday is once again a Taco Bell Live Mas Thursday where fans can present a Taco Bell receipt showing a purchase within the last seven days to receive a buy one, get one free ticket; Limit four free tickets per transaction.
    Presented by: Taco Bell
    Friday
    Hoerr Racing Products Free!
    Tour the facility
    Tech Talks by industry professionals (tentative, subject to change)
    - CTEK representative will talk about car batteries
    - Selecting the proper brake pads
    - HRP Services
    HRP Discount Program for CEG members explained
    Goodie Bags provided by Hoerr Racing Products
    Caterpillar Visitors Center
    General admission: $7
    Seniors (55+), veterans and active military: $6
    Veterans and active military (55+): $5
    Children (12 and under): Free
    (limit of 4 children per 1 adult ticket. Must be accompanied by an adult.)
    Group rate (25 or more): $6
    For Caterpillar employee and retiree tickets, please present your ID at the ticket counter.

The Doug Oberhelman Caterpillar Visitors Center is a fascinating look at the company, the iron and the people making sustainable progress possible around the world. From the humble beginnings of the first tractor to the company's present-day leadership in building infrastructure and powering the planet
    Spirit of Peoria Riverboat Cruise
    Adult $23.00 / person
    Senior (55 and up) $21.00 / person
    Child (4 through 15) $14.00 / person
    Infant FREE!

Enjoy Peoria’s evening skyline by the light of the moon. Live entertainment is included with your ticket for this 2 hour cruise. A cash bar is available. Dinner is not served, but concessions are available.

Boards: 7:00 PM
    Cruises: 7:30-9:30 PM
    Note: It is a Fireworks night after the Peoria Chiefs game!
    Saturday
    Cars & Coffee Free!
    The event will be held from 8am-11am.

Please remember to respect the property and throw away your trash. If you're not mature enough to do this, don't bother showing up. Please continue to take plenty of pictures at the events, and if you are on instagram, please tag # peoriacarsandcoffee.
    Wheels O' Time Museum (location of Saturday Show 'n Shine)
    Adult $7.00 Group (20+) $6.00
    Child $ 3.50 Group (20+) $3.00
    Handicapped adult $3.00
    Handicapped child $2.00
    AAA discount
    Note: At present, we accept only cash or checks

The museum was founded in 1977 and opened to the public in 1983. We’ve been growing ever since. We’ve gone from one display building to five large buildings encompassing over 30,000 square feet. Antique and collector cars, Fire trucks, airplanes, bicycles, clocks, tools, Farm and Caterpillar equipment, Steam locomotive and train, Grandma’s kitchen, vintage clothing, toys, Dioramas, Lionel layouts, Music machines and devices

Outdoor displays
    •Rock Island steam locomotive
    •Milwaukee Road Combine car
    •TP&W Caboose
    •Working windmill
    •Pullman RR cars, under restoration
    •Plymouth switch engine
    Beer School at Obed & Isaac's Free! But limited to first 20 to sign up online
    Looking for something fun and interesting to do? Join us the first Saturday of every month at 10:00am for Beer School 101!

Learn about the brewing process, take a tour of our facilities & sample our brews! Class is limited to 20 students, so sign up today. Don't miss out!

*To clarify, Beer School does not include an actual brewing day which takes 8+ hours. This is a brief introduction to beer making, a tour through our working brewery, a discussion about styles and techniques, and comparative sampling of our styles.

Attendees are to arrive outside the brewhouse along Spalding about 9:50am. There is free parking at the municipal lot at Spalding and Madison. Casual attire is perfectly acceptable and due to the chance of wet floors in the brewery, we suggest close-toed, non-fancy shoes with decent tread. Eventzilla will send reminder emails to attendees two days prior to the event.

Attendees must be 21+ and attend under the explicit acknowledgement that they will be touring an operating brewery, where wet surfaces and other moving equipment may be present. As a condition of the working environment, all visitors to the brewery agree to hold Obed & Isaac's harmless upon entrance.
    Last edited by SoundQ SVT; 03-11-2018, 06:55 PM.
    Bob Johann
    SoundQ SVT
    1998 T-Red SVT Contour #3088
    5 correction: 6-Time Sound Quality Champion in IASCA, SLAP, and MECA
    2000 Silver Mystique LS V6ATX - SOLD 5/23/2013

Comment

Another reminder.... only 2 weeks left to book your hotel room from the block at the low rate of $70 per night. That is much better than the current rate available online which will run you more than $100 per night. Book now before the rooms are gone!!
      Bob Johann
      SoundQ SVT

Comment

I received a nice email today, from the Early Ford V8 Club. :-)
        Hi Bob;

If you don't mind we would like to place the times for your car show in our club newsletter. The Early Ford V8 club has a presence at the wheels of time and I know that several members of our club would like to be there to visit and view. If placing the information is a problem please let us know, otherwise we will inform the membership. Yes we are aware "Contours" are not really old cars, but, there are always common interests with "car" people.
        Bob Johann
        SoundQ SVT

Comment

So Spring Zing is in my hometown? Wow, hope I can go. If not I will have my son bring my car to some events.
          Don Higgins
          Crew Chief Pro Drag Racing Software
          http://www.crewchiefpro.com
          1999 3.0 Turbo CSVT ** 2013 American Dragster with 1100 Horsepower 7.28 @ 185 mph

Comment

Six weeks, people!!! Only 6 more weeks until Spring Zing begins!!

Those that aren't planning to get here Thursday or very early Friday are going to miss out on some fun activities!!!

Things are starting to come together.

1 more week to get your hotel reservation made! Deadline is Sunday April 1.

2 weeks left to get your t-shirt orders in! Deadline is April 7!! There should be well over 20 orders by now based on the t-shirt poll I had earlier. Get on it!!
            Bob Johann
            SoundQ SVT

Comment

Last weekend to book your hotel room from the block!! Procrastinators paradise!! Get it done now!!!

Only one week left to get your t-shirt orders in!! April 7 is the deadline!!
              Bob Johann
              SoundQ SVT

Comment

Only 3 weeks left until Spring Zing!! It will be here before you know it!!

I'll post some information this weekend with the schedule, reminders, and instructions how to pay for the Saturday evening banquet. Please go to CEG today and provide the information there if you're attending so I can make your name badge.
                Bob Johann
                SoundQ SVT

Comment

I just checked out the list of events going on in the Peoria area during the weekend of Spring Zing. There is a LOT going on. Here are a few of them...

Thursday night, Three Dog Night is in concert at the Peoria Civic Center

Friday, there is a 5k race on the Peoria riverfront at 6:00 pm. We will be in that area for the afternoon and evening ourselves, for the Caterpillar Visitors Center, dinner at Blue Duck BBQ @ 5:00, and the riverboat cruise that departs at 7:30. Last year's race had nearly 500 people, and they expect the same or more this year.

On Saturday, there is another 5k race on the north side of Peoria. It will be going on while we are at Cars & Coffee, but is along one of the routes to get from C&C to Wheels O' Time so we'll need to choose another route (plenty to choose from).

As mentioned before, the Peoria Chiefs class A baseball team also has home games all weekend, and Friday night has fireworks after the game.

The Johnsonville Big Taste Grill will be at a Schnucks grocery store not far from the hotel for Friday, May 4 11am-6pm Saturday, May 5 11am-6pm Sunday, May 6 11am-2pm OR until Brats sell out! Proceeds benefit the Peoria Race for the Cure.

Also, as mentioned before, Peoria WingFest will be going on along the riverfront on Sunday. Check out http://peoriawingfest.com/ for more info
                  Bob Johann
                  SoundQ SVT

Comment

2 weeks people!!! Spring Zing starts in 2 weeks!!
                    Bob Johann
                    SoundQ SVT

Comment

Only one week away!!!
                      Bob Johann
                      SoundQ SVT

Comment

I have some good news, and some not so good news.

The good news: The t-shirt order arrived, and I have separated it out based on who ordered what. Everything was there, so no issues. I only had to order 3 shirts to cover the 35 minimum for the pricing. They are available for sale if anyone would like one. $15 at the event, $20 if shipped. All three are size XL, color Light Steel (gray).

The not as good: The raffle looks like it will be a little slimmer this year than in... the past. We have the following items so far:

- CTEK battery chargers with some accessories donated by Hoerr Racing (two of them)
                        - Rock Auto $25 gift certificate donated by Rock Auto
                        - Summit Racing banner donated by Summit Racing
                        - Mequiars car care kits donated by me (two of them)
                        - Meguiars car wash and wax (big bottle) plus a big package of microfiber towels donated by me
                        - Ford baseball hats donated by Uftring Ford in East Peoria, IL (two of them)

If anyone else would like to donate any items or services to the raffle, please let me know.

More not so good: For those that plan to arrive on or before Thursday, please keep an eye on the weather. They are forecasting a severe weather outbreak to our west on Wednesday that will be in this area on Thursday. The rest of the weekend looks great though, with highs in the upper 60's to 70 each day and lows about 50.

I have the name tags, and voting ballots printed and ready to go. The awards are being donated by our very own Joe Barnes (blu_fuz) Thanks Joe!

If you are planning to come and have not yet provided your CEG screen name to me, I need that information because you do not currently have a badge created

Bob Johann
                        SoundQ SVT

Comment

Working...
                        X