• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing 2017

1) squeek (Adam) 2 guests
2) superob (Robbie) 1 guest possibly
3) SoundQ SVT (Bob) solo <-- planning to arrive Thursday evening
4) tigerbalm (Jason) +1 guest
5) ZoomZoom Diva - solo - likely to arrive Thursday night as well, depending on the Virginia tour.

If we plan on driving the track do we need to join one of the groups listed on the SVT superfest page?[/QUOTE]

After looking through the posts here again, I noticed some people said they were going but didn't actually add to the list. So I have added them below.

5) ZoomZoom Diva - solo - likely to arrive Thursday night as well, depending on the Virginia tour.
6) offthewallds - Dan
7) SicilianVillain - Steph <-- planning to arrive Thursday evening
8) RTGT

We need to get this list bigger. And we need to get the hotel info posted so reservations can be made. 47 days... less than 7 weeks away!!!

Then again... if nobody shows up, maybe I can win the headers Adam said he has for the raffle.... :)

Good news is your odds of winning the headers just improved.

6) SicilianVillain - Steph <-- planning to arrive Thursday evening
7) RTGT

Bad news is I'm having to back out this year. I'm flying home for some family business end of this month, so I won't be able to take days off for SZ. If by some miracle we aren't still working 7's, I'll drive up from SC to hang with you guys.

What part of SC are you from Dan?
Good news is your odds of winning the headers just improved

Bad news is I'm having to back out this year. I'm flying home for some family business end of this month, so I won't be able to take days off for SZ. If by some miracle we aren't still working 7's, I'll drive up from SC to hang with you guys.

Everyone... 6 weeks from today we will be at the Virginia International Raceway. VIR!! Come on, let's get a little more interest in this!!

1) squeek (Adam)+ 2 guests
2) superob (Robbie) + 1 guest (possibly)
7) RTGT

RTGT, maybe I missed the question but what are you curious about?

Last edited:
1) squeek (Adam)+ 2 guests
2) superob (Robbie) + 1 guest (possibly)
7) RTGT

RTGT, maybe I missed the question but what are you curious about?

SuperRob ask where in SC he was from? I'm in NC, so I was curious as well. He would be driving up, as I will.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just registered to run the track on Saturday, plus the banquet and car show (described as Package A1 on the main post). I saw that 2 other SVT Contours also signed up, tigerbalm (Jason) and superob (Robbie), both in the "Green" Novice group. I signed up for "Orange" Intermediate group, though I may prefer the pace of the Novice group.
Who else is doing the track day with us?

Just reserving room now. Having issues with the event registration not having a Ford product. Not sure which site to use.

Managed to get it set up with some lies in a couple of fields, but the full car profile seems to override their fields, so they should be able to see.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply, haven't logged in since I posted.

I'm working a construction job south of Greenville, SC for a few more months. Originally from the Great Lakes groups, but the SVTs are sitting down at my place in AL.

I'll be there as long as the weather holds out. I'm not planning on driving through rain and then enter a car show.

Back