• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ Fender Rolling

Barge

Hard-core CEG'er
I need to roll my fenders and I'm thinking about buying one for 250 instead of spending 100 just to rent one.

Would anyone be interested in paying a couple bucks (say $20) to use it during SZ?

Make my purchase a little easier decision.

Cant you just bang the **** out of the lip or cut the excess off and then primer the exposed metal? I def need to do it for my 19's, my tires are sooooo eaten up!

You can... i'm debating the using PVC route. Much cheaper. We'll see what I can talk myself into.

The trick to paint safety is a heat gun, although you might still get some cracking regardless.. depends on your paint.

Last edited:
Yeah, I tried rolling mine on my 96 with a baseball bat and the paint started to chip off. I stopped after that. Barge is right, it probably depends on the condition of your paint.

A hot day with a heat gun is ideal. I rolled mine last year in Dallas on a 90 degree day and it the paint was completely unharmed.

Rolling it slowly and gradually also helps.

Seeing as how I'll be driving for 3 days and probably showing up maybe a couple hours at the most before gingerman I'd rather have it done ahead of time.

put beer down!?!?! MAN ARE YOU CRAZY!?!????
It was figurative speech, I wouldn't really put my beer down.

I took your comment barge as meaning you won't be able to do it because not having much time and that I'm sure we could find some time to do it. But of course if you can do it before SZ then by all means go for it, that would make sense to do anyways.

Steeda, Barge, Stazi, Todras, Sharkey, SQLSVT, Pudmunkie, Eurotour, Worldtour do not stop drinking the whole time.

Don't show up complaining you can't keep up. Also be prepared for some amazing shots :)

Also be prepared for some amazing shots :)

...Like the prairie fire, WHOOOOO!

img053.jpg

Back