• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

History/Future of SZ...???

Well I'm between a rock and a hard place as to what I should do for the weekend in May that this year's Spring Zing is being held. It's the same weekend as Automotion up in Wisconsin Dells and I can't decide which one to attend. I know most of you will say "go to SZ" but the Dells thing a sort of a tradition for me, and with my recent purchase of a 2k CSVT (and being so close, I'm in Milwaukee) it's driving me NUTZ:crazy: as to what I should do......

Now on to my question >>> Where have the past Spring Zing's been held and does anyone know where next years will be...?

I'd hate to pass on this year's SZ just to have the next one in California or Florida.....

~~~Any info would be much appreciated~~~​

Last edited:
the next one wont be in california. i can assure you that. the goal of Spring Zing is to have the best turnout possible. To do this, they put it in the best location for most CEG-ers

the next one wont be in california. i can assure you that. the goal of Spring Zing is to have the best turnout possible. To do this, they put it in the best location for most CEG-ers

To me it seems like there are alot of CEG'ers in the Midwest region, is that where most SZ's have been held...?​

Last edited:
Just about every SZ has been in MI. For the last 2 years, Y2KSVT and myself had it in fort wayne, IN which is still pretty close for the SE-MI guys. This year, its back in MI and I assume if there is a SZ next year, it will be there again. I hope SZ's keep happening, but its really hard to tell how much longer people will keep showing up since a lot of SVT's these days are ending up in teenagers hands that dont seem to take any pride in the car.

There was only one year that the official SZ was not in the Great Lakes area (SZ03, Nebraska??) and it was canceled due to low registration. It would have been a 24-hour drive for NECEG itself.

Who knows where it will be. I can tell you this year will be off the chain though. And stop centering your font!!!!!!!!!! OMFG!

The location of SZ is usually determined by whoever is chosen/decides to hosts it. I know it has been in michigan alot. CSVT's are the most popular in our region (so it seems). I say come to SZ, though it is your choice, we never really know when the last year for SZ will be. The last time I went to sz was in 2002, I am GEEKED to be going again this year!

Make the trip head out on the boat everyone is deciding to take over and cut back on your drive time :)

Hope to see you there!

I have been looking into taking 'the boat' along with everybody else but my fiancee' just started a new job and taking off for Thursday/Friday would be pushing it. It seems like it's going to be a pretty good turnout this year, not that I have anything to compare it to but just from what everybody is saying....

Honestly I'm starting to lean towards passing on the Dells this year going to SZ, I just wish my CSVT was ready to go.....

Is it against the 'rules' to come in a 92' SHO Taurus...?

Last edited:
Because of the name "Spring Zing" it doesn't have to center around the Contour, even if that was main car for it back in the day. With many people moving on, but staying members I feel the event can survive and thrive for many years. Also consider the members out there like Stazi and BeyondloadedSE who've put a TON of money into their rides, they're here to stay for the long run, so you'll always have those types of cars at the event to keep a connection to the past:cool:

I'm looking forward to SZ, so go ahead, chose SZ, you'll NOT be disappointed!

not yet it isn't.....;)

But it would be nice if you didn't do it.

Do you seriously have an issue with it (cause you're not the first to say something - on this forum and others), and you're probably wondering why I do it...?​

It started awile ago for a reason I can't remember and it just became a habit for me, I guess I like to be different. Plus it's easier to find my posts.....:cool:

who says your Fiancee' has to come?​

:shrug: lol jk​

It's funny you said that because I thought of going over on Thursday with 'the group' and then having her come over later on Friday. However I don't think she would go for that >>> :blackeye:

Last edited:
Is it against the 'rules' to come in a 92' SHO Taurus...?

I can only speak for myself, but SHO's are welcome always. Particularly Gen I and II SHOs. I just watched mine '94 get loaded on to a car carrier en route to her new owner. After rebuilding her and spending a small fortune, it was a wild experience, but trying to perfect two cars was taking too many greenbacks. Time to focus on the SVT updates!

when it comes to our cars, be as different as you can be and you will get a lot of respect. when it comes to our forums, be like everyone else or be disrespected. get it? by centering your writing, its not only harder to read, its annoying!

Thank you for changing it and for editing all of the previous posts! You should really come to SZ, it's much more fun than the dells car show, trust me :cool:

Back