• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Drag times and Dyno updates???

Smokeshow

CEG'er
So after reading the post with 33 pages (27 or so useless), and losing an hour or so of my life, I came to the conclusion of...

No one has hit the 12 second club yet.

And from reading multiple dyno posts 220 is the average 3L swap?

Is this the best/most current information out there on these topics?

It's like taking your pit-bull to a greyhound track, or taking a Miata to a mud-bog. People don't drag race these cars; they aren't built for it.

I think the average power is around 200whp with most swaps. Only a few are above 220.

Everything else is correct though. These cars are just horrid at accelerating/getting traction with added power.

Things could change later this year though, there are a couple member's who could/should break the 12 second barrier.

My latest dyno information is in my sig.

Was on a Mustang Dyno, and tuned by Steeda Canada.

Haven't 1/4 miled the car yet, however, there is another Contour with a 3L swap sitting on my driveway right now, that has done a 13.5@105mph with an oval port 3L swap w/svt cams, ST220 upper manifold, true duals, msds headers, hot air intake and no proper tune. Hasn't been dyno'd yet. The car had full interior, heavy ass mirko molded front bumper. Only the spare wheel was removed.

13's aren't that impossible with a properly sorted 3L setup, doesn't need a whole lot of extra bolt ons and mods. Just the basic stuff will do.

Back