• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Guess our numbers

shanes98csvt

CEG'er
Local performance shop is doing a dyno day tmw. The dyno is a dynometer hub dyno.

Me:
port matched 3l out of a 05 sable.
optimized tb
optimized y pipe
gutted precats
hi flow cat
short ram intake
tuned by http://tuningbyjames.com/
doesn't matter but stk trans

mark:
3L hybrid
optimized TB
MSDS Y pipe
AEM short ram
built trans with lsd

Why is it, when we had the drag racing thing, everyone though he'd win, and now you guys are guessing higher numbers for me? I have the numbers, and i'm happy to say, i only lost by a margin of 5 HP, but beat him by 11 ft/lbs. :D

There's more to it than just peak dyno numbers. Gotta think about power under the curve, how long the motor produces max power etc etc. I'll take slightly lower peak numbers for a flatter longer curve.

Why is it, when we had the drag racing thing, everyone though he'd win, and now you guys are guessing higher numbers for me? I have the numbers, and i'm happy to say, i only lost by a margin of 5 HP, but beat him by 11 ft/lbs. :D

Alright well spill the beans!

I was almost dead on 3 out of 4. I was way off on your tq though, ouch, I thought it would've been higher but forgot about svt cams.

Mine was 195hp/182tq. My torque curve sucks though. Secondaires need to open up around 3K. There is a HUGE drop from 2800, then they open. You can CLEARLY see it on the graph. Just need a tune and i'll be set. Also, the guy running the dyno said it seems like something is pulling timing, or something isnt right at the top end, which you can see on the HP graph. My first run went well, then the last two, you can see the dip.

IMG_5441.jpg

Back