• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L Port matched vs 3L Hybrid

3L Port matched vs 3L Hybrid

• Mark's 2000 CSVT 3L Hybrid

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Shane's 1998 CSVT 3L Port Matched

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters
Really guys? no love for the Hybrid? That makes me sad. I guess i'll just have to prove you guys wrong with some numbers :D

Shane, you're wrong.

My hybrid with a vacuum leak, and a worthless exhaust I was 190/190 with every bolt on but headers, injectors, and a tune. I lost alot of power from that exhaust. I'm expecting 205/205 right now. IP get it dynod soon and let you know.

Well, change of plans here. I blew the clutch in my car today and i'm putting a torsen in it. Is that gonna help me win? :D :mad:

Torsen helps. And how sticky are your tires, to take full advantage of your torsen? You'd like to beat him in the 60' and 330' to offset him having a better top end with a tune.

A buddy of mine had a 3L hybrid set up similar to yours and consistently ran between 14.4 and 14.6 IIRC. That had a Koni sport suspension, 3L hybrid, torsen, custom cougars CAI, stock exhaust manifolds, borla catback, BAT y-pipe and was untuned with stock 19# injectors. I should add, that is with no weight reduction and 2 12" subs in the trunk.

The torsen will be a big help launching the car. I've only had my SVT to the track and still had the stock suspension. I ran a 14.4 at 98mph spinning through 1st and 2nd gear. I couldn't get it to hook up worth crap and decided i'd go back when I got the suspension upgraded. I still haven't had the time to make it back out to the track.

My hybrid with a vacuum leak, and a worthless exhaust I was 190/190 with every bolt on but headers, injectors, and a tune. I lost alot of power from that exhaust. I'm expecting 205/205 right now. IP get it dynod soon and let you know.

That just goes to show how different these can run from car to car.....

My dyno was 190hp / 193tq
2005 Ported Taurus 3L
17# injectors
1995 SE lower intake manifold
no tune
MSDS headers

:shrug:

Now with the tune, 19# injectors, and SVT lower intake - who knows where it will be...... Hopefully 205+ :yes:

That just goes to show how different these can run from car to car.....

My dyno was 190hp / 193tq
2005 Ported Taurus 3L
17# injectors
1995 SE lower intake manifold
no tune
MSDS headers

:shrug:

Now with the tune, 19# injectors, and SVT lower intake - who knows where it will be...... Hopefully 205+ :yes:

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to hit the 220/220 mark like most modded and tuned 3L do. Haven't ever seen a 3L tuned under 210HP so far.

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to hit the 220/220 mark like most modded and tuned 3L do. Haven't ever seen a 3L tuned under 210HP so far.

a Local guy got his 3L Cougar tuned and made 206whp i believe...hes on here and can chime in with the correct hp/tq ! teebs

different dynos will put out different numbers. Only way to tell for sure is to see what it runs at the track

Back