Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CKtour98 View Post
    did you find a torsen already?
    Manimillion has a trans with a torsen and upgraded shift forks that he's offering to sell me. I'm working on gettin prices on a rebuild if i do it myself, and trying to see which way is cheaper.
    00 Contour SVT #1914 BLK/PT
    3L Hybrid, cam regrinds, MSDS, Quaife, NPG CAI, 17x7.5 MSR wheels, Hankook RS3 245/40s, D2s, tubular rear toe arms, BAT rear sway bar, 13" Cobra front brakes, 300mm FSVT rear brakes, CF Evo hood, Mirko. 2900lbs. 213whp/179wtq

Comment

A buddy of mine had a 3L hybrid set up similar to yours and consistently ran between 14.4 and 14.6 IIRC. That had a Koni sport suspension, 3L hybrid, torsen, custom cougars CAI, stock exhaust manifolds, borla catback, BAT y-pipe and was untuned with stock 19# injectors. I should add, that is with no weight reduction and 2 12" subs in the trunk.

The torsen will be a big help launching the car. I've only had my SVT to the track and still had the stock suspension. I ran a 14.4 at 98mph spinning through 1st and 2nd gear. I couldn't get it to hook up worth crap and decided i'd go back when I got the suspension upgraded. I still haven't had the time to make it back out to the track.
      02 Cougar Sport - Full 3.0L/HMS Trans/Koni Suspension
      07 Focus SE ZX3 - FRPP Suspension/Gunmetal E1's/AVIC Navigation/Hitch - The DD
      97 F150 - Toy Hauler

Comment

Originally posted by silver rocket View Post
        My hybrid with a vacuum leak, and a worthless exhaust I was 190/190 with every bolt on but headers, injectors, and a tune. I lost alot of power from that exhaust. I'm expecting 205/205 right now. IP get it dynod soon and let you know.

That just goes to show how different these can run from car to car.....

My dyno was 190hp / 193tq
        2005 Ported Taurus 3L
        17# injectors
        1995 SE lower intake manifold
        no tune
        MSDS headers

Now with the tune, 19# injectors, and SVT lower intake - who knows where it will be...... Hopefully 205+ :yes:
        *CLICK HERE ---> 1995 SE 3L WITH MATCHING TRAILER <--- CLICK HERE*
        30 Contour / Mystiques and counting......

Comment

As soon as joey at npg gets my tune squared away I'm gonna put it.on the dyno. Hopefelly this happens before the track
          98 silfro svt #129 port matched 3l, OBX SS headers and y-pipe, Optimized tb, short ram intake, BAT euro handling kit, hi flow cat,2.5 in ss catback with borla muffler,Exedy stage 2 clutch,tuned .....more to come
          200hp/175tq

Comment

The more I think about it this is really going to come down to a driver's race. The better driver will win...
            02 Cougar Sport - Full 3.0L/HMS Trans/Koni Suspension
            07 Focus SE ZX3 - FRPP Suspension/Gunmetal E1's/AVIC Navigation/Hitch - The DD
            97 F150 - Toy Hauler

Comment

Originally posted by blu_fuz View Post
              That just goes to show how different these can run from car to car.....

My dyno was 190hp / 193tq
              2005 Ported Taurus 3L
              17# injectors
              1995 SE lower intake manifold
              no tune
              MSDS headers

Now with the tune, 19# injectors, and SVT lower intake - who knows where it will be...... Hopefully 205+ :yes:

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to hit the 220/220 mark like most modded and tuned 3L do. Haven't ever seen a 3L tuned under 210HP so far.
              Contour SE Totalled On 5/18/10.
              SVT 98.5 4595 Black/MNB 3L Hybrid
              SVT E0 # 535 Found Dead.

Comment

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to hit the 220/220 mark like most modded and tuned 3L do. Haven't ever seen a 3L tuned under 210HP so far.
                a Local guy got his 3L Cougar tuned and made 206whp i believe...hes on here and can chime in with the correct hp/tq ! teebs
                SOLD ---- Sean - 1998.5 3.0L CSVT #5906 - "MONSTOUR"

Originally posted by rexxdoggy
                My intake right now is a heat soak muh fuh'in short ram gayness.

Comment

different dynos will put out different numbers. Only way to tell for sure is to see what it runs at the track
                  Sold- 98.5 Silver Frost #5979 :(
                  Officially a troll. 2002 Suzuka Blue Honda S2000 on Works

Comment

Mark u can add my tires. 225/50r16 riken raptors. Made by michelin
                    98 silfro svt #129 port matched 3l, OBX SS headers and y-pipe, Optimized tb, short ram intake, BAT euro handling kit, hi flow cat,2.5 in ss catback with borla muffler,Exedy stage 2 clutch,tuned .....more to come
                    200hp/175tq

Comment

I like the Sound of those numbers
                      98 SF SVT Contour #0332
                      3L/Portmatched/MSDS Headers/Flowmaster 40 Series Exhaust/65MM Mustang TB/24Lb Injectors/Samco Hoses/JVC Head Unit/FSVT Wheels/DIY CAI

Comment

Working...
                      X