• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Took my 3l csvt to track after first 500 miles

tomslf

CEG'er
Well i have more questions then anything now

i do have a bad third gear and i had to slowly slowly shift into third so it would actually go in anyways
my set up is dry rotted old tires came on car when i bought it, sct chip 24lb injectors stock intake exhaust headers everything except 3l, i only ran a best of 15.12 at 91.xx
How bad is that? Lol i wasnt to happy nor was i to mad bc of third and stock parts and no dyno tune just flash. I was hoping for more

also i have the android app torque that shows you data of car and my car shows im pushing 6lbs of boost when 100 load is applied is there a problem there>?

with your problems, i think its fine. but yes its a little slow. mines slow cuz of my slipping clutch and i get 14.77

If i could understand everything u posted, i'd help more. The only part i get is the fact that u've got the 3rd gear grind, & u have to shift slowly. Well, depending on how "slowly" u shift into 3rd will determine how fast u finish the quarter.

if you are referring to the android app its called torque and it basically shows you a read out of any from a/f ratios, timing advance coolant temp, to vac pressure. When i give the car 100% throttle (floor it) my program reads out that im pushing boost on vac gauge.
I thought it could be something to do with my uim, bc when im sitting at idle and looking at engine if i give car throttle the uim bulges up then down a noticeable amount.

Do you guys think its worth the effort to rip the stuff out of the catalytic convertors.
I know its a pain but i have another car so if it takes along time thats ok

After my track night my tires showed me how bad they are. Both my front tires on edge of sidewall ripped a tear and is showing metal which it wasnt before hand.

If i could understand everything u posted, i'd help more. The only part i get is the fact that u've got the 3rd gear grind, & u have to shift slowly. Well, depending on how "slowly" u shift into 3rd will determine how fast u finish the quarter.

This /\ !

And yes, you're slow for being modded.

If your burning your tires off, try launching the same way in 2nd, I bet you get a better time. Or just learn how to launch better.

I thought it could be something to do with my uim, bc when im sitting at idle and looking at engine if i give car throttle the uim bulges up then down a noticeable amount.

Do you guys think its worth the effort to rip the stuff out of the catalytic convertors.
I know its a pain but i have another car so if it takes along time thats ok

After my track night my tires showed me how bad they are. Both my front tires on edge of sidewall ripped a tear and is showing metal which it wasnt before hand.

Say what?

Engwish pweeze.

Are you attempting to tell us the Upper Intake Manifold "bulges" when you tap the throttle? I don't think so.

I'm guessing his RR's are shot and the engine is moving around a lot, or something along those lines. I can't think of anything else that could be a bulging intake...

Back